Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Microsoft marketing team attacking the forums

they also managed to haunt the last thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

anthonypants posted:

it also looks like it's been made available to windows 10 enterprise without having to go through wsus

Wait what

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Unless you use RMS (or AIP whatever)

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I use meeting notes a lot

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Not that I know but you can probably do it with ifttt

orange sky
May 7, 2007

and an even bigger lesson for anyone that does that on their company computer

just lol in that case

orange sky
May 7, 2007

computer janitoring much more than y'all computer janitors because I janitor for more hours

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/959468476694966272

orange sky
May 7, 2007

here's how I do malware detection by applying regex to all my registries in order to detect a pattern

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/SQLSamLester/status/965551009027280896

Thanks

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ator posted:

i get:

Voice Recorder
Trusted Windows Store App

:fuckoff:

yospos

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I get Sound?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

When accessing any Microsoft website I am immediately filled with an inexplicable rage

I mean go to tech community and try to access a forum about a specific product. Of course you have to click about 5 times to get to it, there isn't a simple list in the main website, it's much more important to get the "latest" posts on a forum about 1000 different products

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Can you edit link remove it and save it

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Microsoft supporting third party development https://www.onenotegem.com/document/onenote-remove-all-hyperlinks-in-page

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Doesn't work though, the only comment there says so

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Problem is LTSB is not supported by, for example, Windows 10 ATP

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Cloud vendors should be forced to have a comprehensive migration procedure between them

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Partycat posted:

I hope the tab comes back from the land of wind and ghosts , but I know in my heart it will give you an error.

knowing how excel works in xml it may put the data back where you don’t see it , until you save and re open and it says your workbook is broken

I'm betting this as well

Does it overflow and crash Excel right on click though

That would be fun

orange sky
May 7, 2007

There's stuff connected to Windows defender atp, 1709 had the OneDrive files on demand feature (best thing ever to use with Teams tbh), stuff like that which can matter if you're a big enterprise

Also if you lag behind a lot you lose support

orange sky fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 5, 2018

orange sky
May 7, 2007

"you can simply drag these blocks"

*Clicks poo poo, blocks don't drag*

I was watching the stream for 10 seconds.

Every drat time. Jesus, Microsoft.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Microsoft gives you brain worms. I know, I work mostly with Microsoft people.

I've had calls with Microsoft employees where after 10 minutes talking I don't know what the gently caress they're talking about. Everything has to be secretive and worded so they don't have any responsibility in anything, it's scary

I've legit had a 1 hour meeting where the dude was talking for 55 minutes and in 5 minutes and one sentence I resumed everything he said and what he wanted

orange sky
May 7, 2007

That was obviously hyperbolic you bullies

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Lysidas posted:

just received a new 6th gen lenovo x1 carbon, and powered it on for the first time, its running windows just long enough to check for/install firmware updates, then wiping it for linux

holy poo poo is the initial setup "Hi there! :)" bullshit infuriating

what's the laptop like? gonna get one of those (but I'm gonna have to run W10)

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Oh, it's the weird looking guy

orange sky
May 7, 2007

what happened

orange sky
May 7, 2007

*Doesn't work as advertised*

orange sky
May 7, 2007

What post is that

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lol just lol when you update a product and the low probability best case outcome is poo poo stays exactly the same

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Imagine if Microsoft made autonomous cars

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Start is not working at the moment

Wait for the next patch which will come in 5 months

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Is Joe Belfiore the worst human on earth yn

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

why would they not just toss it on onedrive and use the full application? word online seems mostly fine, but an employer just locking you down to that seems monumentally stupid

Probably only an E1 license

orange sky
May 7, 2007

using NPS on a product that technically holds a monopoly is pretty laughable

"oh, no, I've only ever used Windows but I'd definitely recommend CentOS over this bullshit"

also I love how they keep changing CB CBB LTSB to Semi annual or retarded or whatever just so customers always have a "oh, it's changed, it's normal to be disruptive" moment instead of realizing that this poo poo OS that can't update has been out for 3 and a half years now

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I was a harsh critic of Microsoft when I was a partner, but now that I'm a competitor, ohhhhh boy gently caress 'em

orange sky
May 7, 2007

laughing my rear end off everytime I remember the sessions where Msft employees had to keep reconnecting their keyboards to their surfaces

and Intune configurations that one customer would have but not the others, and nothing worked

orange sky
May 7, 2007

remembering that one session that was "everything new with Intune" and this programmer dude comes in and spends an hour talking about "now when you hover on the fields there will be a description to tell you what data you need to input" lmao

orange sky
May 7, 2007

remembering NDA sessions where the only person attending was from Marketing and any roadmap questions were met with "I can't really tell you that"

very useful NDAs

orange sky
May 7, 2007

It's just so refreshing working in a company where the product just.. works. And is good as hell too. Good change.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Nah, it's something that works mostly with Windows computers too, an enterprise product. Won't do publicity here but in 1 or 2 years I'll come back here and you'll have heard about it for sure :)

And no, it's not Oracle, what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

*opens calculator*

*Mission Impossible: 8 trailer starts*
You can skip this ad in 8, 7, 6...