Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SO DEMANDING posted:

honestly that's exactly what I would expect. surface phone running some extra-bastardized version of win10
i thought that was the current winpho iteration (windows 10 but scaled for phones), similar to how ios is just osx but for phones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
thread title reminded me of this

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
but they tried really really hard qirex, and thats whats important!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

LastInLine posted:

when anyone normal hears the word "windows" they instantly know its a piece of poo poo
windows is pretty much toxic as a consumer brand and has been ever since the malwarepalooza that was early versions of xp followed by the vista and 8 disasters and the fact that windows is synonymous with work which is synonymous with a creaky black plastic laptop that runs like a three legged dog and doesnt connect to webex half the time and you dont bother to fix it because 1) gently caress webex and 2) you dont want to deal with the weird smelling it guy who wears nothing but my little pony shirts to work and giggles to himself

winpho marketing was also p lol. remember the early campaign that was built around how winpho encouraged you not to use your smartphone and that was a good thing?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip: z0ratio fartboner

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pram posted:

the yospos approved windows laptop sounds like a real piece of poo poo
and then there is the matter of its os (it is a pos)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Boiled Water posted:

a teen on my bus said this
did you go back there and correct him, or just continue on driving to the next stop?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ah, the good old days

remember when you’d install XP and immediately get Russian spam via net send
that was a fun race for a freshly-imaged machine. will the security patches install before the machine gets port-scanned and pwn3d? place your bets!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
shoplifter at 2:13 remains the best

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cinci zoo sniper posted:

gently caress off, microsoft. why is it so difficult not to set 58 default folders for controlled access, that can't be removed
lol

looks like someone is having an authentically digital day

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
tabs should be in the center of the document, content should radiate outwards from them

controls should be around the edge

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Schadenboner posted:

Why would anyone pay money for the data of an Android user?
seems p self evident why detailed information about consumers known to have made bad purchasing and financial information would be valuable

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

anthonypants posted:

still time to order it before yosmas
but do they have any 4XL left in stock?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

syscall girl posted:

don't even try to step to the 104
*steps to the 104*

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

syscall girl posted:

my win10 wakes itself up to install upgrades and poo poo

it's like having a small child you need to nurse to get it back to sleep except you can through it across the room without any guilt or felonies
your os is a piece of poo poo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sapozhnik posted:

thx microsoft for unleashing a drunken swarm of retarded python programers upon the world
did they close an office in eastern europe or something?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

it's also almost spooky how they almost exactly repeated sony's mistake with the ps3 of trying to create the mythical "home entertainment convergence device" instead of a dedicated game console
how much money has been flushed away over the last 25 years chasing that dream? i can see why companies would want an integrated device that owns the living room, a playstation but for the 100% of homes that watch tv and not just the 10% that play video games and also has a digital store and subscription revenue, but why has every effort to make the ultimate convergence device been such a disaster?

apple came closest - they articulated a "digital hub" strategy based around the mac and when one part of that strategy really took off (the ipod), they junked the digital hub trategy and went all-in on on mobile entertainment and communication devices (and are now closing in on a trillion-dollar valuation)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

remember webtv?
thats what i was thinking of when I wrote "25 years"

i also remember the huge push in the late 90s for interactive cable tv set-top boxes to rule everything (which was one of the main alleged drivers of the aol/time warner deal)

oh and the brief window when plugging a cablecard into your pc going to be the next big thing

so much effort and money expended over decades, and customers stayed away in droves every time

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my favorite thing about modern cable/dish systems is you pay $140/month for a technology stack that imposes a 1-2 second delay every time you try to change channels

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
im the jaz cartridge

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
needs more syquest carts

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
you wouldnt download a meme

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

anthonypants posted:

who in the gently caress wants to read a post by someone who was dumb enough to give paul thurrott money
this but richard kyanka

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
and THATS why microsoft is cool again

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
its amazing how msft managed to turn an apple-like plan for controlling the hardware and the software into something even less reliable then a random shitbox dell

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dodoman posted:

Vr doom is so bad
mf doom is good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

thank you! is there any difference between that aim controller and the thing sony released for the ps3 where you put those two controllers in the gun shell?

solid pic/avatar synergy

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

r u ready to WALK posted:

The thing I like the best about the Windows 10 start menu is how often the search indexing breaks and typing to find something in it plain doesn't work.
are you saying you didnt want a bing web search for "notepad"?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lots of servers never see internet
i am deeply envious of those servers

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cinci zoo sniper posted:

admins broken forums hard enough that there were ghosted posts maldjusting the post count so that it always seemed there are unread posts. what also was happening was that sometimes the last post wouldnt appear until it no longer was actually the last
also it happened around halloween so ghosts, haunting, etc

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pram posted:

all windows versions are bad hth
perhaps the same could be said about all operating systems, that they are "pieces of poo poo"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

visio is a program clearly designed by people who actually hate their customers
thats actually all software, visio just does a very poor job of hiding it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dongslayer. posted:

i installed windows today
lol u dummy

akadajet posted:

looks like a nice commode
if you place it on an 8x8 lego tile it becomes a commode 64

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Roosevelt posted:

this guy drives a PT Cruiser

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

that's some uncut high quality android right there

imagine the meeting where they had to tell upper management about this
upper management was all "were still on track to ship by end of quarter and get our milestone bonuses right? right?!?"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

surely a far more important bug for you is that the new version of edge has broken your avatar:

even worse than that - all the text and boxes are now rendering in some disgusting sickly piss-amber color

eeuuugh :barf:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
wandows

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Boiled Water posted:

it has two ports: usb c and a surface hole

$399 (pen and keyboard not included, $99 each)
wrap it up ipadailures

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

flakeloaf posted:

big
and slow
and bad and clunky
the toy for ipadailures is junky
and when it boots
the bad computer goes

*47 second delay, followed by a stuttering, tinny rendition of the windows startup sound*
excellent, currently my second favorite version of the song

(this is my fave, ofc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQis9xkYkg0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

does bing still give blatant scam ads top placement?
i mostly use bing to search for the chrome downloader on a new wandows install, and it always fills the top of the screen with pleading microsoft ads touting how awesome edge is

in other words, yes