Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Selling you a software license for a computer that doesn't exist was always the microsoft endgame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The emoji keyboard definitely merits millions of dollars in overhead creating an entirely new operating system SKU, support channel, marketing campaign, etc.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

yeah "game mode" was booting windows in the first place

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I think you're the first customer so they'll probably figure out how to bill for it once you start using it

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lol that poo poo got me. I turned off address bar search autocomplete rather than subject myself to bing

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

If you are going to do the onerous chore of reinstalling windows surely you can crack the fucker open and yank some cables for the duration

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Who, me? It's german miles vorkosigan

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I love the surface duo. Every single detail of it is a preposterously stupid fuckup and it costs fourteen hundred united states dollars

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it still has that atrocious red cat thing icon

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

PCjr sidecar posted:

services revenue is the new replacement for ad revenue

don’t forget you can still put extremely cursed ads in your subscription products

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

i like the part where he downloads a random game then expresses shock that the microsoft store is still an unflushed toilet

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

the vscode ssh remote editing is a dumb design that infects the remote host with a vscode remote service and wants to download extensions on the remote host directly from the internet so it is fairly useless in a enterprise environment

why couldn't they just sftp the file back and forth when loading and saving

lol this is a terrible idea

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

microsoft cock and ball lashing mariner

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lmao they are gonna make a surface duo 2:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/07/heres-the-first-credible-microsoft-surface-duo-2-leak/

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

heh, looks like my gaming computer is going to get left behind because it's haswell. I guess intel is going to make a fuckton of money when people run out and buy new intel pc's that aren't noticeably better than their intel pc from five years ago

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

spankmeister posted:

my next cpu is gonna be an AMD tbh those ryzens are good

:same: but I am not going to run out and buy one just for windows 11

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

infernal machines posted:

dear microsoft, please stop blasting me with ads in the product i paid for

when they started giving windows 10 away for free they very conveniently forgot that anyone had ever paid for windows and didn’t deserve to be subjected to their bonzi buddy rear end poo poo

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

waiting for the inevitable windows 12 once Apple changes macOS to 12 lmao

windows 12 is going to be windows 11 with hastily patched-in notch support, for the inevitable macbook copycats

my stepdads beer posted:

fair enough, you want a real server os for that stuff

windows 11.3 for workgroups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

quote:

The original was a virtually unedited photograph—seriously, #nofilter—but for a new take on the lush landscape for your Teams meetings, we shifted the shadows, softened the clouds, and added a dappling of dandelions across the field.

this is the essence of microsoft