Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voltraine
Feb 8, 2017

by Smythe
I remember when Current Releases called their time with SomethingAwful to a close, they talked about possibly doing a revival project offsite where the readership more aligned with their editorial bent. Even if they never made that happen, I'd love to see whatever they've gotten into the past couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Unsurprisingly they haven't done jack poo poo since then, OP.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Unsurprisingly they haven't done jack poo poo since then, OP.
That's where you're wrong, my friend. Apparently they have a Tumblr where they continue do the same "crappy social commentary masquerading as a movie review" shtick.

I gotta admit, the Current Release crew was ahead of the curve. It used to be that they were the only ones using pop culture reviews as a way to educate the unenlightened masses about idpol, now every website is doing that.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Were these the people triticum guzzler spent a lot of time trolling?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ugh its Troika posted:

Were these the people triticum guzzler spent a lot of time trolling?
yeah. this was a good post he made about everything that was wrong with the average Current Releases review. you need archives access but it's worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Incredible burn on Senior Woodchuck there

• Locked thread