Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Aggies played well tonight. I doubt we'll see this version of the team every week, but it was nice to see them tonight nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

So if I'm the Big 12, I'm taking all my refs into a room and saying "do whatever it takes to keep TCU perfect" because if they drop a game the Big 12 is going to miss on the CFP for a 4th year.

I wouldn't bury OU or Ok State yet, if either runs the table all they probably need is an upset in the Pac 12 or Big Ten championship games.

That said, OU looks deeply flawed and doesn't seem likely to run the table. TCU ain't making it through unscathed either, though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Florida fans are the biggest babies on earth.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

buddhanc posted:

Enjoy this gem from the shaggy game thread:

"The crowd was lacking big time. Thought I was tuning into a high school game. Austin Millennials should be rounded up via pickup trucks with beer drinking rednecks and forced to scrub the guano poo poo from the stadium. I'm so tired of the "me" generation that my 17 year old son isn't allowed to look at his loving phone when he's at home. He has no Facebook account and I don't put up with any GD whining. It's their helicopter fag parents and liberals that created this touchy feely mess we have in Austin. A good war would change all of this imho."

helicopter fag parent. so what.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

"Guano poo poo"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

wa27 posted:

Teenagers don't because their parents have been on it since they were in 2nd grade..

Teens are just Vining boners at each other 24-7

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Re: Big Ten divisions- if we've got to stick to two divisions and maintain some sense of geographical order, would anybody have a problem with this?

Outposts
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
Nebraska
Penn State
Rutgers
Wisconsin

Innards
Illinois
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Northwestern
Ohio State
Purdue

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I hold no ill will towards Florida, but now I kind of hope the Aggies beat their rear end and shove them in a locker.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If we're on this topic here's a gem for you-

https://www.ksat.com/education/neisd-approves-new-name-for-robert-e-lee-high-school

In a contentious decision, San Antonio's Robert E. Lee High School has chosen to change its name to Legacy of Educational Excellence High School. That's right- the former Lee High School is now LEE High School. I love it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

How is changing it to functionally the same thing a gently caress you to both sides

Both sides are pretty unhappy.

It's a classic "if you try to please everyone you won't please anyone, except a few idiot contrarians"

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 11, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

The Yahoo pickem doesn't have anything to pick?

There are no lines this week because the oddsmakers had an existential meltdown after Iowa State beat Oklahoma. How can you assign odds to anything in a world where Trump is President and Iowa State beat OU in Norman?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

edit: that article also reminded me that Jason White won a heisman. what a joke of an award.

Seems like a weird one to get upset about, Jason White was pretty drat good. Should Larry Fitzgerald have won? Yeah probably, but get real, it's the Heisman.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Eric Crouch was really loving cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFT-pDHmGTk

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

The Gators are somehow favorites to beat A&M.

Our best performance of the year is an 8 point loss to Bama; take that away and there's certainly no reason we should be favored on the road against even a mediocre Florida.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's possible that Auburn is really good. There certainly seems to be some separation between them and the next 11 teams.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

buddhanc posted:

Oh and go bobcats tonight!!!!! Gonna destroy some Cajuns

I think we both know that's not true.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Big 12 couldn't survive because Nebraska couldn't live with the idea of no longer being the center of power. And that's fine- I don't blame them, but I don't blame Texas either. Texas didn't become the king of the conference through a hostile takeover, it was just the changing nature of the business.

When Nebraska left, the teams that followed did so because they'd understandably lost faith in the conference's future. The money, the Longhorn Network, the egos- that was all secondary.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Case McCoy looked like what would happen if you put Colt in the microwave for a little bit.

Holy poo poo you guys

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Aggies' offense comes and goes, and while I feel reasonably good about our chances, I could easily see us having some bad turnover luck and losing 16-13 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

edit: wrong thread

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 14, 2017

• Locked thread