Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tom Herman needs to stop chasing points early in the game when we don't know if we'll need to chase points yet or not. This was the second of five games that went to OT when he didn't take a chip shot FG early in the game and we turned over on downs going for a TD.

Also the offense is way better for reasons I can't comprehend.

Last week some smart posters explained to me why the offense was so bad and why it might not be Tim Beck's fault. I need those posters to explain to me what the gently caress happened today that made everything click against a good D.

UT tied for the lead in the Big 12. Just us and TCU at the top of the heap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Big 12 co-leader Texas Orange Cows

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I went to the Tulane game, and they beat the poo poo out of Tulsa. Got to watch Tulsa gently caress up in about every way a team can gently caress up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Michigan State has the same record as Michigan, beat them in Ann Arbor, and their loss is to a Top 20 team.

So obviously they're ranked below Michigan in both polls.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

You should be worried about the real travesty. Iowa State has more "receiving votes" than Texas even though Texas walked into Ames and beat them!

:lol: Either one receiving votes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

still snapchat and instagram

Kik it to Viber, Gramps

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I dunno, the fan seemed to like it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's a member of the dance squad, duh.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yo, Texas is tied with one other team for the lead in the Big 12.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

We Gators may be gigantic downer babies, but you won't see any of us bragging about losing 'with dignity.'

Woof.

Getting self-righteous about sports is more of a Midwest thing. See: Michigan fans getting mad about rap on the PA or Penn St. somehow still claiming to do things "the right way" even though they're the child rape school.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

My wife's birthday this week - She wants basically only a date night on Saturday - How can I convince her that a good date night that she wants will be a bar where Texas-OU is playing and then going to the Astros-Yankees game?

This youtube channel has the Texas games posted a couple days later if you don't have DVR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCKd8Yz4fvdIGQlmHvkedMAw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Alabama:
ESPN projection: Alabama win
Tennessee's chance of winning: 2.4 percent

So you're saying there's a chance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

Sorry you so mad tho. I guess I apologize on behalf of Deloss Dodds for making Nebraska and Mizzou chase extra cash.

I think prestige was a part of it too. Mizzou wanted to be in the Big 10 for forever and it wasn't always the cash. I know they certainly didn't go to the SEC for the academic prestige, but Mizzou spending years throwing their panties at the Big 10 definitely built up the idea of, "We want out of the Big 12."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Power conference expansion ruined everything and round robin is the best

I've gotta agree. I was in love with the idea of the PAC-16 expansion, but it would have loving sucked looking back on it. It's cool as hell to build deeper competitive histories with schools like Iowa State and Kansas State and the rest of the conference instead of just having 5 we play every year and 10 other teams we see once every five years or whatever the PAC-16 system would have looked like.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Every school is an independent and must schedule at least 1 school from each quadrant of the country

Kansas' phone ringing off the hook for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Haha wow I just got home and I had no idea that had happened until just now. Amazing.

Turn on Wazzu-Cal

• Locked thread