Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

PostNouveau posted:

Tom Herman needs to stop chasing points early in the game when we don't know if we'll need to chase points yet or not. This was the second of five games that went to OT when he didn't take a chip shot FG early in the game and we turned over on downs going for a TD.

Also the offense is way better for reasons I can't comprehend.

Last week some smart posters explained to me why the offense was so bad and why it might not be Tim Beck's fault. I need those posters to explain to me what the gently caress happened today that made everything click against a good D.

UT tied for the lead in the Big 12. Just us and TCU at the top of the heap.

The offense functions much better when the QB is a true running threat, with Ehlinger playing, it clicks with what Herman does (think back at his Ohio State and UH teams - JT Barrett/Cardale Jones and Greg Ward Jr. made those offenses good). It works because he thrives on conflict, and he creates running game conflict by making the defense respect and cover the QB. Additionally, on designed QB runs you get an extra blocker. Shane B can't do that.

I'm curious to see why Orlando's defense apparently can't handle misdirection or assignment option play worth a drat. Both Maryland and KSU took us to the woodshed on this.

You should just read some ScipioTex and Nobis60 articles. Scipio is behind a paywall now which sucks - but worth it I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Perfect aftermath thread for hate week. gently caress OU.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

So if I'm the Big 12, I'm taking all my refs into a room and saying "do whatever it takes to keep TCU perfect" because if they drop a game the Big 12 is going to miss on the CFP for a 4th year.

Nah - OU made the playoff, so we are 1/3 so far!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This just confuses me, it isn't like the Big 12 is holding Texas hostage.

Well they kind of are with the grant of rights I suppose, but that only happened because Texas decided they wanted the Big 12 to continue existing enough to sign it.

Fans have different opinions than administrators. Most fans think LHN is stupid and never watch it, but the admin loves the $30MM we get every year. The admin does not want to schedule A&M as an OOC game, the fans all want it. The fans think the Big XII sucks and would much rather be in the Pac-12, but the admin likes the Big XII because it allows them to collect their money from LHN.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

buddhanc posted:

Enjoy this gem from the shaggy game thread:

"The crowd was lacking big time. Thought I was tuning into a high school game. Austin Millennials should be rounded up via pickup trucks with beer drinking rednecks and forced to scrub the guano poo poo from the stadium. I'm so tired of the "me" generation that my 17 year old son isn't allowed to look at his loving phone when he's at home. He has no Facebook account and I don't put up with any GD whining. It's their helicopter fag parents and liberals that created this touchy feely mess we have in Austin. A good war would change all of this imho."

This dude unironically yes "RUN THE DANG BALL" at games. Also - we've been at war, fought by millennials for like 16 years now.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Just a reminder that the Iowa State Cyclones were victorious over the Odious Oklahoma Sooners.

Don't know why anyone else is talking about any other team right now

This is a good point - please post celebratory posts from ISU SB nation blogs and sad ones from OU blogs for our enjoyment.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Quandary posted:

This week was real bad but also now it's ou/tx week and fuuuuuuuuck texas

On the other hand, gently caress OU.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Michigan State has the same record as Michigan, beat them in Ann Arbor, and their loss is to a Top 20 team.

So obviously they're ranked below Michigan in both polls.

You should be worried about the real travesty. Iowa State has more "receiving votes" than Texas even though Texas walked into Ames and beat them!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA has a better resume than Washington and Penn State and is behind them in some capacity between the two polls

UGA is just beating up on a cupcake conference though.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I still use Facebook. Everyone I know uses it too. :shrug:

It's because you're old. You were posting racial slurs on this board over a decade ago!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Please place Leach in charge of the NCAA.

https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/status/917561755596840960

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Is that a rebel flag on the thing he is riding?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

Saban and Urbz both won champions in their third seasons and Michigan fans and espn treat harbaugh like he is in that league, so i dunno if that excuse holds up.

And as much as I hate James franklin he seems to be doing pretty well in his third season as well (so far)

Isn't it Franklin's 4th season?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Jason White won his because he was very good at college football - the real travesty is Vince Young and Colt McCoy being denied their rightful place in the Heisman house.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I feel like this slapfight between lead poisoned fan bases distracts from the primary focus of this week. How much everyone hates OU because they're bad people.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

The old Big XII was cool as gently caress :(

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

My wife's birthday this week - She wants basically only a date night on Saturday - How can I convince her that a good date night that she wants will be a bar where Texas-OU is playing and then going to the Astros-Yankees game?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

You really have no one to blame but yourself here.

I still don't accept the "Texas is at fault for everything" reasoning for the Big XII falling apart. There were plenty of stupid actions by petty men that led to its disintegration.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

MourningView posted:

Be a decent husband and go on the dang date, you're gonna have a bunch of other chances to watch Texas lose a football game.

The key here is I got the company tickets to the Astros-Yankees - would skip OU game generally.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

The team that killed the SWC killed the Big 12.

Honestly though no one who left had any problems with OU or whoever, everyone thought Texas was destabilizing the conference. Mainly because they were. And will again in a few years.

Texas also didn't kill the SWC. I don't want to rehash this for the 100th time, but the Longhorn Network isn't the reason the conference fell apart, it fell apart because the members who left didn't want to be a part of it anymore (and had been that way for a long time pre-dating LHN).

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

There was a reason those teams were unhappy earlier, and that reason was mostly Texas. Yes it didn't start with the LHN, and no it didn't really start anywhere other than Texas.

I guess - as a Mizzou fan, explain what it is that the Texas admin did that made Mizzou want to leave the conference - pre LHN, because as you said, this apparently has little to do with LHN.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Why did they do that?

To get away from Texas.

You seem real mad. Hook Em'

Edit: everyone left not because they were mad at Texas, but because they got more money elsewhere. Done and done.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 12, 2017

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

:rolleyes:

Once again, that was easy to do because of Texas.

Like I asked you why this was anyone's fault other than your school. You just said there were a lot of assholes involved. Which, sure, I guess that's a true statement. It's just not one that makes an argument in any fashion.

I'm saying it's not Texas' fault because everyone was just chasing money. Texas didn't cause the Big 10 to offer Nebraska a much larger payday or cause the SEC to to have a huge TV contract.

If Nebraska or Mizzou or A&M had the option of making more money in the Big 12, they would have stayed regardless of how mean big bad Texas was. Also - it's not Texas' fault that the Big 12 never had the mass media markets that would pay like the the other conferences. Houston, DFW and Manhattan....Kansas isn't a recipe for a lot of revenue from cable subscribers.

I am excited for all of these dumbshit third tier TV right channels to implode though, since people are cutting the cord at a very high rate. It will be interesting to see which conference will be the first to offer a streaming package.

Sorry you so mad tho. I guess I apologize on behalf of Deloss Dodds for making Nebraska and Mizzou chase extra cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

nate fisher posted:

Jesus Christ Gruden is walking around downtown Knoxville right now, and Tennessee fans are losing their poo poo.

Lets see he has a MNF in Nashville, and his son is in the Knoxville area. No surprise he would be here. Still there is a part of me that wished he was trolling the fanbase on purpose by walking around Market Sq. You know the rear end in a top hat fans are bugging the poo poo out of him about coaching. Let the guy enjoy a lunch.

Jon Gruden would be a bad college football coach.

• Locked thread