Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Hargrimm posted:

I really don't like the occasional chibification of Elias's awesome skull, it kind of undercuts the whole deadpan, doesn't-know-he's-being-strange effect of those moments and clashes with the beauty of everything else on screen.

I like it because he looks like Snoopy when it happens

This show is pretty neat so far. It's got that sorta warm leisurely feel that a lot of good slice of life stuff does while also having a creeping bit of darkness at the margins that keeps things taught enough to stop it from being a total snooze like said slice of life shows. Also it's very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The sound design and BGM for this show is fuckin goooood

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

where the red fern gropes posted:

lucky she sold herself as a slave otherwise she might be resentful at being used as a test subject

Honestly if crippling depression was all that it took for characters in fiction to stop yakking about how they never asked for this and how they just wanted to be normal and how they wished all this exciting supernatural action never happened, then I would wish all the world's most ruinous and debilitating suffering upon all of them

huh, I never realized the problem with Eva was that Shinji wasn't depressed ENOUGH

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
My point was just that in spite of how horrible her life was and her hosed up state of mind, I appreciate that it makes Chise more open to all the assorted magical nonsense that has come her way. I've never appreciated the "reluctant protagonist" thing, especially when the character's life prior to the interesting story parts wasn't actually that good in the first place.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Man Chise was getting ready to put the slay in Sleigh Beggy. The manga is probably still ongoing, so I doubt it, but is the anime ever going to depict her giving out some giant cosmic rear end whoopings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Does Mitsuishi Kotono playing all these motherly characters late in her career retroactively reflect her being accurately cast as the ubermother in Sailor Moon, or is it just a natural side effect of being an aging voice actress?