Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's a quiet, melancholy yet hopeful story of magic and wonder that starts with some human trafficking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The OVAs are nice. Watch them if you don't mind getting briefly introduced to a few characters you're going to meet this season (who are already in the OP) before it delves into the prequel story stuff.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Elias also has a deer skull for a head, and bare skulls aren't much known for expressions beyond grinning. The goofy face helps the artist more easily convey other moods.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Yak of Wrath posted:

Large spoiler in regards to nature of the auction
She was auctioned exotic magical specimen, with all that implies, Elias actually keeping her alive is regarded as unusual

On the bright side, she was entitled to a share of her price--assuming she didn't just get broken down for parts.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The soundtrack in general is pretty good so far.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I may have cried a little watching Episode 3.

This part with the dragons and what's coming up next were what really sold me on the manga.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I really like this arc. It sets a tone and feel for the series--the kingdom of cats in particular.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Spiritus Nox posted:

These curses don't go halfway.

Pretty much this, probably. It's a thousand-cat death curse. Not the sort of thing that messes around!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sindai posted:

I dunno, that lovingly animated slow jiggle was pretty hilarious.

I forgot how great Titania and Oberon are in general.

They're a highlight of the early manga.

This show has a really striking soundtrack.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think of all music in this show so far, the "You're about to see some hosed-up poo poo" track with the horns is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Poil posted:

Neat.

Wait, so that guy is a mage who's a sadistic rear end in a top hat torturing and hurting people for the sake of curiosity and, seemingly, amusement, so... Jesus cursed him to live forever? To bring extra suffering to the world? Are they sure it wasn't actually the devil behind it?

Well, his current state of being is clearly hellish--his mind appears to slip from moment to moment and he's basically a living zombie.