Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason for the OVA's was a "Trust us we know where we are going with this premise" for those who find the mentor/student relationship exploitative (for very good reasons) and/or overused (It is a romance, not just shoujo, staple).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That's still pretty much a slave though? I mean does it really matter what she was intended to do if she was still in bondage?

Large spoiler in regards to nature of the auction
She was auctioned exotic magical specimen, with all that implies, Elias actually keeping her alive is regarded as unusual

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

khy posted:

Why is Ruth not in the OP?

He's in the first three episodes (Those awaiting a star) and plays a much, much larger role in the story than Silky.

Because they are yet to be formerly introduced?

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
After poking around some Gaelic dictionaries I found out just what Sleigh Beggy/Slay Vega actually means.

It seems to be a misspelling of the Manx phrase Sleih Beggey (Slew-ah Bega) which means "little people" a euphemism for fairy, another "little people" term used is Mooinjer Veggey. Manx like other Gaelic languages can change initial consonants of words to indicate grammar, the adjective "beg" meaning "little" becomes "veg" when used with a feminine noun, and "beg" becomes "beggey" when used as a plural.

In Scots/Irish Gaelic at least the similar term "Sluagh" meaning people/host is specifically used for a Wild Hunt analogue for a Fairy Host or Spirits of the Dead depending on myth that roam about stealing the souls of the dying (or anyone they fancy), and just by saying the name can you summon them.

So Chise seems to be associated with the least fun type of fairies, and I whiled away many an hour reading about Gaelic linguistics.