Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I really don't like the occasional chibification of Elias's awesome skull, it kind of undercuts the whole deadpan, doesn't-know-he's-being-strange effect of those moments and clashes with the beauty of everything else on screen.

Genocyber posted:

(There are also three prequel OVAs available that I recommend holding off on until the anime finishes airing.)

Oops. I guess it did somewhat ruin the tension of the first half of the episode, but hopefully it won't spoil any big moments or anything for me going forward. The high quality of the OVAs did convince me to watch the anime at least, over any ickiness I might have felt at a naive interpretation of the apparent slave-wife premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
There's a framing around the OVA set in 'present-day' with Chise and Elias being on good terms and him obviously caring for her, so in that sense it certainly drains the tension of the first anime episode since you already know why Elias is buying her and that his intentions are good. So I think maybe it would be better to at least wait until after watching episode 1 before going to the OVA.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Just caught up on the last two episodes, wanted to mention that the montage in 14 is where the previously-released OVA is set chronologically (when Chise is reading the picture book in the library). So if anyone was putting off watching that due to spoilers or whatever, now is the all-clear. It's a pretty stand-alone story though.