Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Captain Invictus posted:

Not going into specifics, but if you enjoyed the darker aspects of faeries and otherworldly beings of european folklore and such, you're probably going to like this series a whole fuckin' lot

This is a large part of why I decided to stick with the series, because I'm a huge sucker for this kinda thing.

Funny thing, I was talking with a friend the other day and she loves the series too but basically only has eyes for Elias (and his relationship with/feelings towards Chise), and it was pretty interesting to see how we were approaching and digesting the story from totally different viewpoints.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Like all cats the cats of Ulthar deign to keep their humans company in exchange for offerings of food and affection

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

She's actually a silky, which is like a subset of brownie that wears (you guessed it) silks. It's not her name, but they use it like her name too which seems to be pretty common in this series where most of the fae don't seem to have names of their own.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Yamazaki takes hiatuses every so often, more so recently than before.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm a week behind due to lack of premium Crunchyroll, so I just watched episode 17. Elias's explanation for why he appeared to Ethan as a monochromatic Chise instead of his usual human disguise was a little cryptic. What do you guys make of it?

It's been a while since I read it and I don't watch the anime but iirc he picked Chise's face because Chise deals well with children and he doesn't (and I guess because he's an idiot he figures looking like the person will help him be the person)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Next chapter should be out in a few days, been a bit of a delay from all parties involved, sorry

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

You are not alone, it's unnerving seeing Stella just casually reclining on Ashen Eye's head. It's like a kid keeping a sentient pet nuke with all the launch codes enabled as a pet

I think it's relevant that we led with a waterhorse from scottish mythology because I think the creature from the end of the chapter is supposed to be a Nuckelavee which is the only centaur-like figure I could find in Celtic lore which springs from searching for more on waterhorses in Scottland. Which bodes ill because it's supposedly one of the nastier spirits out there.

Yeah it is.

Chapter 61 translation has been done for a few weeks and it should be on the way soon, sorry about the delays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah sorry I had a lot going on in my life (kinda still do) and Literally Hogwarts wasn't keeping my interest at all so when something had to go to keep my mental ship afloat it was this. Hope the new translations are good; a large part of the reason I started this in the first place was because the previous group's quality was godawful.