Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm glad the full anime series kept the HQ animation from the OVA. Also, I look forward to the next ep with the dog :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Well, if you know for a fact that Heaven is a real place that for sure actually exists, then people arbitrarily dying becomes significantly less horrible since they'll (hopefully) go to heaven. Whereas NEVER dying means you're doomed to exist in an eternally aging/decaying body while permanently barred from paradise, and also that you'll probably be alone literally forever.

TBH growing up I thought heaven was similar to Halloween and Santa so I'm not completely sold on the eternal happiness deal. I confess it feels like he's bored of living and everything vs just being alone forever since deep down aren't we all alone right now?

I mean, the thorn mage is alone too since he's the only creature with the same appearance.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

paragon1 posted:

The whole idea is premised on Cartaphilus (and Jesus I suppose) believing that heaven is real as premise for the logic of why they might have done what they did, so you not believing in heaven isn't an issue. I'm not sure why you bring it up?

You should probably talk to someone about that whole feeling alone all the time thing.

Because I don't understand why it's terrible to wander forever? I read the wiki but other than his physical problems I don't get it. Is the legend about a deeper meaning that I missed due to my secular upbringing?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You are forever denied paradise and must instead suffer to decay for eternity, physically and mentally. Pretty sure someone else said those exact words, and if you dont get why that sounds awful I don't know what I can say to you.

Sorry, google told me immortality would be cool.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

where the red fern gropes posted:

what would a 5 million dollar meal taste like

ham of despair

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I thought this season was only 12 ep but I'm glad there's a 2nd cour since this one of the cuter anime series out :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I can't believe we're at the end of the show already.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Good ending.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm ambivalent towards the idea of a magical boarding school showing up in MB. I understand the appeal but too much of HP imho. Also cats :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/pepperco/status/1098850689457938432

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I do hope they manage to create an S2 since I love the series and liked S1.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Viridiant posted:

I loved this chapter.

When I first started Magus Bride I was wary of the relationship between Chise and Elias, but Yamazaki's done such a good job portraying them on such equal ground that it doesn't really bother me at all anymore. And they're so great together that basically an entire chapter of them trying to figure out their relationship is wonderful to read.

:yeah: the manga-ka has handled alot the relationships in her other works well too. I've read her 2 other works and follow the mentor/student focus.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yeah this is great news :3:

I thought it was a S2 and I got really excited but this better than nothing.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yeah I'm kinda glad it's a new story since the current magic school arc is pretty dull.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Finally moved on from the magical school arc and I'm actually looking forward to the OVAs which will be out ... someday.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/mahoyomeproject/status/1566758903270227969

Season 2 was announced for Spring 2023

Alder fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 6, 2022

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

If anyone is into nendo they are making a S2 version of Chise and Elias for sale:

I mention this because Elias has been scalped to hell and back for several years so new fans can finally add him to their collection for a good price.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I watched the 1st ep of S2 and I forgot how much I missed Elias :shobon:

Also, I admit I had mostly forgotten the magical college arc so I'm excited to see how it will be adapted in the anime.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Aww... I can't believe it's already after the halfway point of S2. I liked all the anime episodes so far and that tiny magical lizard was cute in class and now a camping trip :3:

Although I admit I stopped reading all of shojo for a while now I still like how they portrayed the romance in the main couple's interactions without any kind of toxicity.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1737882879844086128

Not like this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I'll just stick with the fan translations.

I read the latest news that the fan translations are stopping since "the simulpub has a translation that's on par with a number of fantranslations" note by the group on mangadex today.