Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I would be okay if they focused on her improving life with the magic skeleton instead of her terrible past that led her to literally give up on functioning independently. Like, I'm pretty sure I don't need this story to address slavery as an issue in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Does it though? It's not like mind-blowing thing to know that kind of thing exists in the world and it works decently to imply things about her past and mental state while also getting her in contact with snoopy skeleton

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah tbh I'd be interested to see what Elias' relationship with the magical(?) slave trade is too, not going to say it's hanging over the show or anything but I'm curious

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This has never been about how her introduction was depicted in the manga though... cmon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I haven't read the manga so it might well be but that's also why I'm not going into the manga thread to take people to task for having an issue with the way slavery was used as a cold open introduction for the first chapter

Just please, let's wait til the series is at least an hour long before deciding who has to die

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Well I wouldn't exactly call the last two pages discussion but yeah watch the episode. I liked it a lot but without knowing where the rest of story goes I can definitely see Blank's point, even if it wasn't an issue for me

The Ovas do help flesh out her past some btw, poor Chise :smith: Some cute critters and a nice witch I hope shows up in the series in it though

Knorth fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 14, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

This introduction is great, I like Elias a lot

Hooray for good witch and cute critters. ...can it ...see us?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I actually like the first half of the OP before it just becomes a clip show. Those very first shots of Chise standing perfectly still drag on for just a little long but once she starts her little interpretive dance I think it gets pretty good

The song is cool too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Uil's are my favourite dragon

What a good grandpa :kimchi:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 22, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Cats cats cats cats

The show does love it's cliffhangers doesn't it

Knorth fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Tim was a powerful cat. I'm glad Chise managed to fix it in the end but wow that was rough, poor cats