Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
i just bought a mirra 2

discuss ergonomics and your fat obese rear end itt or not w/e who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i use an oversize morris chair i made and just type in my lap or use a laptop or w/e

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i just kind of lean back until my spherical body is at the optimal posting angle

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

that pic of guy gaming in his kitchen on a tree stump and a crt monitor

pram
Jun 10, 2001

George posted:

i just kind of lean back until my spherical body is at the optimal posting angle

ronnie??

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
do you have chairs in your house :grin:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thousand dollar chair :newlol:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
is there a brushed aluminum model of this chair?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I have this Embody with the chrome bottom and white body. Looks like they don't sell this orange/yellow color any more which is a drat shame. It looks like something out of JJTrek 2009 Enterprise bridge.

It was expensive but I've had it for 7 years now and it still performs the same. I've never even thought about my chair while I'm sitting down. Very worth it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Herman Miller aeron is the king of chairs

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

My last job had these and my back was so sore all of the time because of it. My current job has some nice generic chairs that are much more comfortable.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Management posted:

my aeron lets me compute at home all day, before that I had a generic 'office chair' and the padding went soft and gave me a hella bad back after like an hour of sitting.

I bought a 3rd party headrest for my aeron and it is good for putting the chair on 'maximum relax' and leaning right back for a break.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i like to louchely lounge on my herman miller chaise longue

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i have a steelcase think. it's basically a better version of those ikea chairs people love. i think i paid $75 for it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got a leather gesture stool and a leap chair they both own. I now have a chair, keyboard and trackball that I bring to whatever office I'm working at and cart around to all my jobs.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i have the leather ikea markus which is super needs suiting but beginning to fall apart

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I've got some creaky piece of poo poo from Office Max that's 4 years old where the fake leather outside is coming off in flakes now. Any ideal chairs for a shorty?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
green ikea markus, op.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
aerons are good but better chairs exist

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mo_Steel posted:

I've got some creaky piece of poo poo from Office Max that's 4 years old where the fake leather outside is coming off in flakes now. Any ideal chairs for a shorty?

Smythe posted:

green ikea markus, op.

my dudes, no, don't do this to yourselves

adjustable armrests are a must-have. do not pass go, do not collect $200. however cheap/shoddy your chair is, for your health, you require adjustable height, adjustable armrests, and an adjustable back-rest.

no task chairs
no fixed armrests
no "executive" anything

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bent over rows are the solution

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the real solution is having a job where you don't sit around all day and actually do labor

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i have the leather ikea markus which is super needs suiting but beginning to fall apart

i used to have a markus but i took the armrests off cos they were annoying

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I have my 15 year old Best Buy no-name chair that I love because of these:

Though they make the chair 2" too tall if you're not used to them.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

MausoleumExtremist posted:

I have my 15 year old Best Buy no-name chair that I love because of these:

Though they make the chair 2" too tall if you're not used to them.

you can buy these to fit into normal chairs, too

i use these dorky wheels to keep an aeron in high-pile carpet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the worst thing about chairs is that they're all made for disgusting 400lb americans and normal people can't sit in them

any side support is 15 feet away where the expected fat rolls aren't

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
i looked under my chair for the tag and it looks like i have two eckadams out of arkansas manufactured in 1996. i wonder if the company still exists/ if they still make this model.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm literally living in rear end in a top hat-clenching terror of the piston exploding on my chair.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the worst thing about chairs is that they're all made for disgusting 400lb americans and normal people can't sit in them

any side support is 15 feet away where the expected fat rolls aren't

this is why chairs come in sizes

get the "small" size next time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I'm literally living in rear end in a top hat-clenching terror of the piston exploding on my chair.

lose some weight

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Schadenboner posted:

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

hifi posted:

i have a steelcase think. it's basically a better version of those ikea chairs people love. i think i paid $75 for it

hey

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i sit in a chair op

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i sit on a marissa ball

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nice job all

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
borrow a herman miller aeron from work for your WFH days and then get laid off and not have to return it.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
mirra is better than aeron imho

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

pram posted:

yeah.

not as broad a size range available, though, so if you are tiny or fat it may be less effective

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

pram posted:

probs, mine is like 10+ years old. works fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i got a chair. i bought it from an office furniture liquidator a long time ago... its pretty nice. i dunno what it is tho.

• Locked thread