Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's not a heel turn, it's protecting his friend and his friend's family. Right. RIGHT? :ohdear:

What about his boss? I still agree with your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

VJeff posted:

We buried this babyface until he was loving dead, so turning him heel is actually a good thing!!!! :downs:

Turning the best babyface in the company heel for the sake of DA SWERVE!!!!! is loving stupid, man, and him being dead as a babyface isn't an excuse, it's just an indictment of their horrible loving writing.

Tozawa is the best babyface in the company.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And now Sami will skank angrily to the ring.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Destroy My Sweater posted:

The angle could be that Sami loves big Kev deep down and cares about his family etc and was trying to do the right thing by saving him or something idk

I'd literally put money on this being the reason, mixed with Kevin's mind games around the time of the special ref stuff actually working.

This booking came out of nowhere in the sense that I'd never have thought iit would happen, but it makes perfect sense and freshens up one of their top talents who was dead in the water.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
loving FINALLY SHORT HAIR AND poo poo CLOTHING THE BEST RENEE IS BACK

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Owens comes in on a stretcher to berate Renee for the entirety of Talking Smack, book it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't think it was ever meant to break.

That's putting a lot of faith in chain link. But then maybe I just don't know jack poo poo about fencing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also holy crap, they put on a good Heck in a Ceck.

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
Good finish! I now give a poo poo about what's gonna happen on Smackdown Live! Tuesday Nights on USA!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Under the vegetable posted:

Thank you.

I felt like that stupid opinion was being lost in his other stupid opinions.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Stale Saltines posted:

i'm glad renee has given up on 90s fashion and moved back to 80s fashion.

She doesn't have extensions in either.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
its queen amidala from attack of the clones

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

WrasslorMonkey posted:

That's putting a lot of faith in chain link. But then maybe I just don't know jack poo poo about fencing.

the 16 quadrants and the reinforcements make a roof like that very able to handle sudden forces like that

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm not crazy in thinking WWE has been teasing this Sami turn since the Shane/KO match was announced?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Shane should have turned heel and jumped off the cell onto his wife and kids.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bartok posted:

I'm not crazy in thinking WWE has been teasing this Sami turn since the Shane/KO match was announced?

No, they definitely have.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Stephanie McMahon is going to berate Sami for 15 minutes and then they will forget about Sami

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HA

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Standing up to your boss never makes you a bad guy.

They made a movie where 3 guys want to murder their bosses, and they were the heroes in it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Shane should have turned heel and jumped off the cell onto his wife and kids.

Randy consoling a confused KO would be a p good gif

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd literally put money on this being the reason, mixed with Kevin's mind games around the time of the special ref stuff actually working.

This booking came out of nowhere in the sense that I'd never have thought iit would happen, but it makes perfect sense and freshens up one of their top talents who was dead in the water.

Okay, remember how you said that Asuka should've put someone over in NXT because there's no reason to believe that they'd do anything decent with her once she went up?

That's where I am right now. Maybe in a vacuum this could be something interesting but in a show that was just "gently caress you, babyfaces." top to bottom in a show that's been this bad for this long, what reason is there to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You win this round, Under the vegetable. :mad:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Sami protected proletariat Owens from further exploitation by the cowardly bourgeois millionaire Shane McMahon.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

bartok posted:

no, they have. i mean the essence of it is that kevin is someone that sami seriously does care about and wants him to do well even if they've had their differences.

russo nonsense, you know.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That show was very good

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

bartok posted:

Yeah, there were some signs.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That show was very good

I'd say it was more good than bad but the bad was really bad.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/status/917232495694876673

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That show was very good

If Jinder's reign didn't exist this would be the highest I've been on WWE in probably 6 years.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

Okay, remember how you said that Asuka should've put someone over in NXT because there's no reason to believe that they'd do anything decent with her once she went up?

That's where I am right now. Maybe in a vacuum this could be something interesting but in a show that was just "gently caress you, babyfaces." top to bottom in a show that's been this bad for this long, what reason is there to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You win this round, Under the vegetable. :mad:

im saying this unironically, but in this case, since sami was already ruined and loving salted real bad: just wait and see. it cant be any worse than being a non-entity woody allen knock off

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

No I just mean I'm still super confused about the power bomb spot. Like did they plan for it not to break? If they did want it to break, were they still going to do the follow-up elbow spot too?

Oh, yeah I just figured they engineered it well enough to guarantee it'll never break like it did that time Foley fell through it. I think all the spots went as planned.

I also really liked how they got both guys up there, with KO not willing to take the insane Shane bump and then Shane coming up after him, seemed more natural than usual to me.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I just think we've come a long way both tech-wise and "willingness to spend money on a good cell" wise from the 90's/early oughts, no way they let Shane take those bumps up there unless they were sure it would hold.

Falling onto a padded table is one thing, falling nearly as far without expecting it onto standard ring canvas protection and quite possibly on your head, a limb, or at least not spreading your body out well is another.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

I'd say it was more good than bad but the bad was really bad.

ending of mahal/nakamura was pretty unforgivable.

baron corbin ripping psp

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Corbin is such a dismissive prick and it's beautiful

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
My internet opinion is the show was more bad than good, but the opening match, most of the 3 way and Sami turning were bright spots.

I know we were all waiting for that.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
"You Rook SToopid"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

That's what you should do to your boss.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Jinder's reign didn't exist this would be the highest I've been on WWE in probably 6 years.

luckily aj styles will be champion after india

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

shiksa posted:

ending of mahal/nakamura was pretty unforgivable.

baron corbin ripping psp

What was the ending of Nak/Mahal? I only just tuned in for the main.

bartok
May 10, 2006

shiksa posted:

no, they have. i mean the essence of it is that kevin is someone that sami seriously does care about and wants him to do well even if they've had their differences.

russo nonsense, you know.

If this was true Russo nonsense a totally random 4th guy, like Aiden or Tye, would have attacked all three guys and they would form a stable on the next Smackdown.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the escape goat posted:

Corbin is such a dismissive prick and it's beautiful

yeah, off script he's got a very good grasp of a character and it's a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

luckily aj styles will be champion after india

I wish I could believe but I literally think Cena will end it at Mania to break the record.

• Locked thread