Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Himouto! Umaru-chan returns with a second season, following on from the first which aired during Summer 2015.

Characters

Umaru Doma
A competent high-schooler who is admired by all. Except when at home, where she turns into...

Umaru Doma
An annoying hamster-shaped object that would rather laze about eating junk food than do any real work.

Taihei Doma
Umaru's elder brother who cares for his sister, even if she causes him trouble.

Ebina Nana
Umaru's friend and downstairs neighbour. Not very confident in herself and kinda shy.

Sylphynford Tachibana
Someone who styles herself as Umaru's rival. Determined to excel at all she does, even if her attempts fall short of her goals.

Kirie Motoba
Someone who wants to be friends with Umaru, but struggles due to her introverted and gloomy nature.

Takeshi Motoba
Taihei's goofy friend who hangs out with Taihei and Umaru every now and then. Kirie's elder brother.

Alex Tachibana
A co-worker of Taihei's. Sylphy's elder brother.

UMR
Setter of High-Scores and Emptier of UFO Catchers. Scourge of arcade owners everywhere. (is actually just Umaru in a hat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it's still pretty good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Poor op

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Curious about how the numbers will reflect the difference in viewership with season 2, what with the Crunchyroll/Anime Strike split there

although i kinda think the anime companies don't care as long as they get paid up front

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

UMR is the only good Umaru variant

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So many CapTsubasa and Inzazuma Eleven references.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

But good ED at least.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OnimaruXLR posted:

Curious about how the numbers will reflect the difference in viewership with season 2, what with the Crunchyroll/Anime Strike split there

although i kinda think the anime companies don't care as long as they get paid up front

I'm almost positive it's 'anime companies don't care as long as they get paid up front'. Unless there's bad PR around something as long as they're getting paid they should be fine.

Also, good show is still good.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
is this out yetttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????????

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rest in pepperoni

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-16/himoto-umaru-chan-manga-ends-in-3-chapters/.122776

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

earwax...

:negative:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
That mention of a follow-up report only makes me think of a continuation in a different magazine with maybe a new name.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

slipping away like our own youth...

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Zettace posted:

But good ED at least.

Umaru Chan R is pretty good, less bratty umaru is always great!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

alex

stop alex

alex no

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?!?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

nielsm posted:

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?!?

This is what I really like about this show. Umaru may be primarily characterized as a lazy selfish brat but she always seems to come around and be self-aware and fundamentally a good person.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i am enjoying season 2, especially ep 5

umaru.... is good

i like that its developing more of a web of characters, i :3:ed when the chef's connection was revealed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/UKmHT0X.mp4

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Also a new cast member?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
uh

Zetsubou-san posted:

Characters

Umaru Doma
A competent high-schooler who is admired by all. Except when at home, where she turns into...

Umaru Doma
An annoying hamster-shaped object that would rather laze about eating junk food than do any real work.

Taihei Doma
Umaru's elder brother who cares for his sister, even if she causes him trouble.

Ebina Nana
Umaru's friend and downstairs neighbour. Not very confident in herself and kinda shy.

Sylphynford Tachibana
Someone who styles herself as Umaru's rival. Determined to excel at all she does, even if her attempts fall short of her goals.

Kirie Motoba
Someone who wants to be friends with Umaru, but struggles due to her introverted and gloomy nature.

Takeshi Motoba
Taihei's goofy friend who hangs out with Taihei and Umaru every now and then. Kirie's elder brother.

Alex Tachibana
A co-worker of Taihei's. Sylphy's elder brother.

UMR
Setter of High-Scores and Emptier of UFO Catchers. Scourge of arcade owners everywhere. (is actually just Umaru in a hat)

using this system ... we all fuckin know who the new character is a copy paste of :|

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

So what's in this... YuruYuri and Kiniro Mosaic are obvious from the title. Red-haired sure looks like Satania of Gabriel Dropout. Lucky Star with the purple-haired girl? Can't quite place pink hair, yellow hair, or the uniform.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

So what's in this... YuruYuri and Kiniro Mosaic are obvious from the title. Red-haired sure looks like Satania of Gabriel Dropout. Lucky Star with the purple-haired girl? Can't quite place pink hair, yellow hair, or the uniform.

Pink hair is probably TOSHINO KYOUKO. Blonde resembles Run from A-Channel, but could also be Akari because she's on the periphery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Umaru's Last Tour

• Locked thread