Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

FactsAreUseless posted:

Orc: You're just like Sauron

NPC: You're just like Sauron

Talion: I'm just like Sauron

Game hint popping up on a loading screen: You're just like Sauron

8,000 game journalists in unison: I was beginning to suspect I might be like Sauron

Spec Ops: The Line is the greatest game, nay, work of art, of our generation,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

actually wormskull this game has no respect for the tolkein legendarium iirc i read a plot synopsis and it seems to conflate events that happened at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd age into a single like decade when in tolkein's source material all these events are separated by a span of thousands of years. a true travesty aside from the loot crates

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

FactsAreUseless posted:

8,000 game journalists in unison: I was beginning to suspect I might be like Sauron

Lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is the second-best game this year about leading an army of horrifying cockney monsters into battle (the first, of course, being Football Manager 2018)

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ting! Ping! Slyurrsh, gaaaah!! The sounds of my elven steel can be heard echoing across the battlefield, when a small waif of an orc captain named Paddock Klepekian the Wise, asks me one simple question: "Is this really the aesthetic you wish to lavish in?" A wokeness befell my soul, my cool sword w/elven letters that glow on it when I land a 15 hit combo dropped into the mud, never to see the light of day again.

That's when it all changed for me. I abruptly turned the game off and sat on the biggest dildo I could find.

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm playing this now for some reason. I jus6 got to act 2 is this where it gets fun

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm playing this now for some reason. I jus6 got to act 2 is this where it gets fun

The game opens up a lot more after you capture a fortress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

haha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ting! Ping! Slyurrsh, gaaaah!! The sounds of my elven steel can be heard echoing across the battlefield, when a small waif of an orc captain named Paddock Klepekian the Wise, asks me one simple question: "Is this really the aesthetic you wish to lavish in?" A wokeness befell my soul, my cool sword w/elven letters that glow on it when I land a 15 hit combo dropped into the mud, never to see the light of day again.

That's when it all changed for me. I abruptly turned the game off and sat on the biggest dildo I could find.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is the second-best game this year about leading an army of horrifying cockney monsters into battle (the first, of course, being Football Manager 2018)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I rewatched all of Xavier: Renegade Angel recently so I chuckle every time I'm in a big fight and some orc in the background says "taste the pain!"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The game opens up a lot more after you capture a fortress
yeah it's pretty cool now

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah it's pretty cool now

I played a awful story quest where you meet a tree woman who talks gibberish but the very next quest was when all the cool orc stuff started happening.

Now I have a yeti commanding my fort.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Update: I came across an orc that was peeing against a wall, and when I got closer, loud pee noise came out of the little microphone on the controller.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Update: I came across an orc that was peeing against a wall, and when I got closer, loud pee noise came out of the little microphone on the controller.

i am buy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One of the earliest quests is to fight in an arena to cause a distraction so soldiers can rescue a kidnapped general, the next quest is to stealthily rescue the general yourself because ???

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

One of the earliest quests is to fight in an arena to cause a distraction so soldiers can rescue a kidnapped general, the next quest is to stealthily rescue the general yourself because ???

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the best time to be playing video games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
try to read this
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/10/16/16483072/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-loot-boxes-farming

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That’s about as far as I can get

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cheat codes 2004: here's a console command to make yourself invincible
cheat codes 2017: here's a non-problematic way to grind your level in the game without having to pay money for loot slot machine

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thank you random Gondor sergeant who saved me from a level 15 berserker orc that was about to gently caress my rear end

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I think I've faced off against the rhyming orc like 5 times. I hope he comes back as a cyborg at some point. Also I'm loving the sneaking and ambushing orcs surprising me at the most unexpected moments

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Thank you random Gondor sergeant who saved me from a level 15 berserker orc that was about to gently caress my rear end

you usually pay good money for that kind of thing

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IdealFlaws posted:

I think I've faced off against the rhyming orc like 5 times. I hope he comes back as a cyborg at some point. Also I'm loving the sneaking and ambushing orcs surprising me at the most unexpected moments

Is it like a Majima Everywhere mechanic?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Update: I ran into a Warchief last night called so-and-so the Bore and his intro speech was a couple minutes of him drawling on in monotone about Mordor politics. He pissed me off so I decided to mess him up by shaming him (which demoted him to captain and brought him from level 36 to 31) and then I spent the next several minutes running around the region shaming him over and over again (he also became dumber while I did this, he went from talking eloquently to being like “ok boys... we’re going to attack.... ohhh nooo why can’t I remember” and “my mind isn’t as uh good like it used to be, what did you do to meeee...” until eventually I shamed him a fourth time, so he became so-and-so the Deranged and couldnt talk anymore, just scream) I was really curious what would happen when I took him all the way down to level 1, but unfortunately when he was level 6 a friendly archer (not even an elite archer, just a normal one) one hit killed him. I bullied an orc so hard he turned retarded and then he went out like a bitch

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wish someone could take the nemesis system theyve built and make a good game with it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

To its credit it’s the best American-developed game I’ve played this whole year, making it the 41st- or possibly even 40th- best game of 2017.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

check out injustice 2 now with level 20 atrocious if you want a decent american made game

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

check out injustice 2 now with level 20 atrocious if you want a decent american made game

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

LOL

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Is it like a Majima Everywhere mechanic?

I haven't played Yakuza 0 yet so I had to Google that side quest and it sounds like it owns. But yeah I think it's similar in that he has randomly ambushed me a few times. But unlike majima, there is no item or skill I get to upgrade for defeating him each time. There is only a chance he will drop a better weapon/armor for you same as other nemesi.. as far as I can tell

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Update: I ran into a Warchief last night called so-and-so the Bore and his intro speech was a couple minutes of him drawling on in monotone about Mordor politics. He pissed me off so I decided to mess him up by shaming him (which demoted him to captain and brought him from level 36 to 31) and then I spent the next several minutes running around the region shaming him over and over again (he also became dumber while I did this, he went from talking eloquently to being like “ok boys... we’re going to attack.... ohhh nooo why can’t I remember” and “my mind isn’t as uh good like it used to be, what did you do to meeee...” until eventually I shamed him a fourth time, so he became so-and-so the Deranged and couldnt talk anymore, just scream) I was really curious what would happen when I took him all the way down to level 1, but unfortunately when he was level 6 a friendly archer (not even an elite archer, just a normal one) one hit killed him. I bullied an orc so hard he turned retarded and then he went out like a bitch

Lmao holy poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this is what happened to ryback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how's the combat in this? it's sort of sounding like a sale game if the combat isn't complete WRPG rear end.

• Locked thread