Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Episode Great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Luke and Snoke both mention raw power and TFA backs that up by having them both be really strong but ungroomed with incomplete/unstarted training. Don't get mad about Yoda he had centuries of training behind him when he failed to sense the reemergence of the Sith lmao

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I'll try spinning. That's a good trick

--Ben "Kylo Ren" Solo

edit: I'm currently banned from the enter Presidio after yelling this in the windows of Lucasfilm

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 10, 2017

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It appears that Leia is staring out into a great white expanse as a giant shield door is closing

LIKE IN EMPIRE

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

My favorite rant from the old thread was the dude that didn't understand what a destroyer was, and was upset that the Republic was goin around destroying stars

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I can't shake the notion that my old frustrations with Clones stem from the fact that it's in some ways the absolute spine of the entire (at least six-part) Star War and it falls short of being good. Although I've come to appreciate it a lot more in recent years, especially due to thoughtful posts in these ere threads

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

When I found you...I saw raw, untamed power...

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Luke says it (weirdly) at the end of Empire, the movie that doesn't show it.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

euphronius posted:

Right the Jedi half got moved to a lonely island on a plant with no modern buildings which is interesting symbolic change to show how the Jedi order has changed

Coruscant was destroyed but the Jedi temple survived and moved to an lonely ocean island planet which shows how the Jedi went from being an urban and urbane order of warrior monks in the corrupt heart of the universe to a isolated island order of ruins and a crazy old monk. Somewhat similar to the original trilogy showing the Jedi order being a lonely old man in the desert and a lonely old man in the jungle .

The island is apparently the original Jedi temple site, so it's a less a change and more a drastic reversion.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

euphronius posted:

?? I don't know what you mean

Specifically what you mean after the comma.

I guess I mean that he's trying to do and even more total reboot of the Jedi Order and/or the Jedi's understanding of the Force than his previous attempt (flashback academy destruction), which was seemingly more in line with the prequel school of thought - take the child from the parents for training.

There's a huge bottleneck of knowledge lost between the characters of the prequels and the originals, and the originals to the sequels to a lesser extent. It's not really clear how much Luke has learned about the prequel Jedi post-ROTJ. I'm thinking that he didn't do a deep dig into their methods and institutions until after Ben went sour.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

ungulateman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osXqwvaUCsc

At last: canon proof that droids are people.

Vader blew R2 up at Yavin, this is fake news. Just realized that Ani unknowingly shot up his old copilot trying to shoot his son. What a dink.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The 10th Star Wars: Star Wars 9: Episode VIII

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

UmOk posted:

Back to new stuff. Does this not look like an evil person outfit?

Looks like Gosling's first costume in Run the Blades 2

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

TFA up until they leave Jakku is pretty much as perfect as the first act of a modern Star War could be imo. It might be my favorite first act other than the first one.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

homullus posted:

Episode IV originally had even more "Luke doing Luke stuff" like hanging out with his friends, and I kind of wish that existed in a finished form. It would drag the pace, but further drives home the radicalization point.

All that stuff and more is reproduced in the radio drama, which I recommend to all the top-tier nerds itt. It's good

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I like how in the speeder chase, his witty banter falls flat because he doesn't know when to cut the joke off about finding the right speeder, with the right color, and the right speed capabilities. We get it

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Justin Godscock posted:

The Porg thing is kinda funny because if Lucasfilm is really trying to recreate the OT you'd think they'd wait until the third film before forcing someone cute onto us.

Oscar Isaac was in The Force Awakens.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Haha have you guy seen this storm trooper who hits his head on the doorframe? It's like, come on how did that make it into the movie lol fucken amateur hour over here

I like when things like this happen cause then I can feel smarter than the chumps who hosed up

Don't hate on Jango

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Zas posted:

that smg post about sonic and chili dogs really said it all, does anyone have that handy?

thread is less than a week old and already needs a name change

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

At least it comes with both radar dishes. And porrrrrrgs

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Both of the standalones reference their standalone nature in their titles.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I wanted to know the title of the movie, not the tomato score!!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I'm glad that there's at least one person having an amazing 2017 and it's Laura Dern

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The article about the skull reminded me that the original Star Wars card game had a lot of funny and sarcastic text on them.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

All these new posts I expected some hot news regarding Porgs.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

porfiria posted:

"They died."

-George Lucas, 2014

If anyone has this entire post handy, I haven't read it in a year or two

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

I thought I remember some (probably apocryphal) story where he used laser swords instead of lightsaber right up until everyone around him started copying him on that, then switched back to lightsaber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjPBBvBe2c

Also, I can't find the video, but Colbert had a cool anecdote about winning a radio contest (?) and getting sneak preview tickets to Star Wars in 77, it blew his mind etc., and he has a decent claim on being one of the first Star Wars superfans.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

NSync and kiiiinda. And now that I look it up, there's even a modern day mystery element to it

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/08/nsync-star-wars_n_6811956.html

“Here I am, big fat gently caress Jedi Knight trying to be all cool, and I scissor kick, and the next thing you know — I poo poo on myself,” he told HuffPost. “It was pretty embarrassing.”

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 1, 2017

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

90s George Lucas hanging out at No Doubt concerts, laughing off the Brothers Fatone owns

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Luke steals the Falcon, strands Rey. Episode IX is a soft double reboot of The Force Awakens, with Rey stuck on an island with a new generation of heroes looking for her.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

There's only one place to poo poo on the Falcon...and it's right...here

*lifts the smuggling panel to reveal skeletons from the two stormtroopers from the first Death Star*

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Do you ever stop to think that one day Han Solo was just trying to get a cold space beer and then spent the rest of his entire life getting repeatedly hosed over by every single member of the Skywalker family. I like to imagine he was thinking about that while falling into the pit.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Barudak posted:

So what, he like stubbed his toe on shmi’s gravestone?

Don't spoil Solo.

https://tubedubber.com/?q=g6Cl25aAcrg:5A3JkjScUKY:0:100:255:247:1

edit: does Snoke's throne room set mess with anyone else's head? The all red background makes my brain think green/bluescreen and see the set as unfinished. It's interesting

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 2, 2017

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

RJ trilogy is going to be a Louis Wain style series of progressively weirder remakes of The Last Jedi.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/929417196287209479
I think I have a record player in storage somewhere...
Or should I wait another ten years and get the entire Star Wars Saga on vinyl for the same price?

I found an original copy of this somewhere and it had an insert with lots of cool notes about the score and specific scenes. It also had an ad/clip-and-mail order form for what have to be some of the first Star Wars shirts. It doesn't have a hologram tho

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Anakin is literally a rebel without a cause

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Vader does nothing but take poo poo. The coolest thing about Anakin's story in the prequels is that he starts out as a slave with a killswitch in his body and wraps up becoming a slave with a killswitch around his body.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Yeah, Rian asking JJ to swap R2 and BB was if nothing else correcting a really dumb mistake.

I hope all the Rey and Luke island training is intercut with R2 slowly but surely getting up the stairs, and when he finally gets to the huts, it's time for them to go. R2 sighs and looks at the camera. Iris wipe.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

Ending of Revenge of the Sith should have been the ending of The Graduate, except it's Vader and Palpatine.

It does

Anakin made a hasty emotional decision and now that the dust has settled he's contemplating the long, uncertain future ahead of him, having a look at the Death Star, a technological terror that is insignificant compared to what he signed on for, the alleged deepest knowledge of the Force.

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Penpal posted:

Just popping in to say someone has uploaded the 35MM trailers for the prequel trilogy that were sent to Czech cinemas, and they're loving rad as hell. The AOTC and ROTS ones look pretty cool considering they were both digital, I like how they look

The Phantom Menace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5535zw73A

Attack of the Clones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mMUPcXrjg

Revenge of the Sith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af1IGOtcKI

The thumbnails of Natalie Portman are a p dece summary of the PT