Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

mastershakeman posted:

I like that Kylo and Rey are stronger than Yoda

Thats a big assumption from the glimpses. In my head cannon Yoda will always be king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Ingmar terdman posted:

Luke and Snoke both mention raw power and TFA backs that up by having them both be really strong but ungroomed with incomplete/unstarted training. Don't get mad about Yoda he had centuries of training behind him when he failed to sense the reemergence of the Sith lmao

The argument could also be made that in his personal power and ascension of the Jedi council they all became lax and between age and hubris was far from the power he had in youth. That lapse of focus allowed Palatine to avoid his senses.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

lelandjs posted:

Where the gently caress does Finn keep getting lightsabers from

Its one of those electrosword baton things that blocked his lightsaber in VII

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not going to lie there’s a lot of the movie I’ll probably end up not liking on second viewing but HOLY poo poo that one moment is going to carry the movie for me for a long time.

Like oh my god that was so good. Overall the movie was good? I think it had more good than bad for me and the bad was more of a “why”. It was longer than I thought it would be too.

I want that scene as a desktop background if not a 3 foot wide wall poster

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

kater posted:

The one thing that didn't work for me was adam driver assuming Rey would be fine with hundreds of people dying immediately. Dude really needs to work on his pitch.

"If you agree i'll call it off and take them prisoner so you can talk to them" would be such an easy lie. Kinda makes me wish they had struck a deal

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

grieving for Gandalf posted:

100% it's Snoke getting wrecked in a super undignified way by Kylo Ren... and he's still a bad guy despite turning on his master

Thats kinda the whole sith deal

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:same:

Also gently caress the haters lightspeed ram loving owned and elicited an actual gasp from the theater audience.

Best part

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Ramadu posted:

when i got home it was at 78% and now its 58%

i am genuinely stunned that anyone thought it was great and im wondering if everyone who liked it has brain worms or something

i am haave bwain wurms

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Or, more succinctly; Some people hated Empire when it came out too. Because it wasn't what they were expecting. Luckily time proved their opinions wrong.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

PostNouveau posted:

Man, Rey is going to be a mythical figure in IX now that Kylo is telling everyone that she single-handedly kicked his rear end, killed Snoke and all the red guard and then a huge loving hole got blown into the flagship. I'd be terrified of her if I were a rank-and-file stormtrooper.

Yeah Kylo just straight up admitting it would have upped his street cred rather than stoking rumors of the enemy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I kind of wish they had made the relativistic speed time dilation a throw away line in that chase, it would have been obscure to the masses but would fill the plot hole. Most ships in the star wars universe never need to hit relativistic speed thanks to hyperdrives but special relativity still applies. Assuming a ship like that could approach physical light speed in an hour or two of constant thrust tracks with star wars magic engines. And, "Hey, we can't hyperdrive in front of them because that would cancel out our real physical velocity" tracks with how hyperdrives work.

Makes the Kamikaze run work much better too, since you have a ship traveling at .999c suddenly cancelling out its momentum and slamming face first into a different ship, irregardless of whatever its speed in hyperspace is.

Real life space science for you A 1kg brick travelling at .999c has the equivalent a 500 Megaton nuclear explosion. Now scale that up to the estimated 30 million tons (27 billion kg) of rebel flagship, and you've got 13.5 Peta-Tons (a billion billion) of TNT equivalent. If you bump the relative speed up by another .0009% then the energy triples.

On the flip side, the first order could have made an Amazon next day order of a warehouse of ball bearings to hyperspace dump along the rebellion ships trajectory and watch them get shredded flying through it at lightspeed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Venuz Patrol posted:

i heard kylo ren was shredded. that he had an eight pack. sorely disappointed to see otherwise

marines always overstate their own fitness for moto reasons. gotta look buff for the ladies jedi

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Instant Sunrise posted:

i can't believe they dropped a moon on chewbacca

there's one more to go where we might get the dream

kylo and rey were so close to a jacon and jaina darkside teamup going into ep9

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

MariusLecter posted:

Let the past die, kill it if you have to, especially the prequel trilogy.

When will there be a gif of the hyperspace hamikaze available? When the blurays hit? Maybe I'm googling it wrong.

I just want it in 21:9 screen background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Can I buy a 3’x6’ canvas print of the hyperspace ramming silent moment yet or will I have to go do it all myself

That’s the only part of TLJ that really stuck with me as particularly cool.