Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEYpryMp2s
Solo: A Star Wars Story opens May 25th in all theaters known to man (and Wookie)

Welcome to the Star Wars thread!
This thread is the general Star Wars Movie megathread. If you want to talk about spoilers relating to Solo: A Star Wars Story or other upcoming Star Wars movies (because there's a lot of them), please head over to the spoiler thread. If you want to talk about whether the prequels are bad or if droids are people, you've come to the right place. Use this thread to talk about any and all things related to the Star Wars movie universe. Talk about other Star Wars material is allowed, but try to keep the discussion on the rails of the movies and not how much you want a Porg toy.

List of Upcoming Star Wars movies
There's a lot of Star Wars movies coming out. Disney, not satiated with the millions alone they could make out of three more movies, has decided that they will be releasing side films, known simply as Star Wars Anthology movies. The first of these, Rogue One (or Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) has already been released and there are plans to make at least two more. But everyone knows they'll just keep cranking them out.

The upcoming Star Wars movies are as follows:
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018
  • Untitled Anthology film (possibly Boba Fett origin story) - ???
  • Star Wars Episode IX - December 20, 2019

:siren: Thread Rules :siren:
These threads bring out a lot of emotion out of nerds people, so I need to set some ground rules.
  • DO NOT MAKE THIS THREAD ABOUT SPECIFIC POSTERS. People can watch movies differently than you. Have a conversation about it, don't just call them a troll. If you think someone is actively trrolling, report them. Especially Tezzor.
  • NO OPEN SPOILERS FOR FUTURE RELEASES Talking about casting, behinds the scenes drama, general plot points, etc. is fine but do not post detailed plot rumors in this thread. That is what the spoiler thread linked earlier is for.

I'll be adding some more rules as the releases of the movies get closer, but for now enjoy talking about wars in the stars.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

What a stupid loving name

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Not judging the quality of the film, that's just a really stupid name for a movie

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So the premier of this is tonight and everyone gets to break their NDAs and whatnot so here's the spoiler warning which I'll be adding to the OP. Same as the rules for the thread last time.

:siren: Do not post open (untagged) spoilers in this thread until a month after release. Not everyone is going to be able to see this right away. If you'd like to use untagged spoilers, please go to the spoiler thread. I'll be giving out harsher than average probations for purposefully untagged spoilers.

If someone posts untagged spoilers, DO NOT QUOTE THE SPOILERS. Just report the post.
:siren:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Danger posted:

A film's job isn't to stoke enthusiasm for the next film (outside of Marvel movies, I guess).

Yeah, that's a really, REALLY bad criticism. I hate that we've gotten to the point where I NO EXCITED FOR NEXT MOVIE is seen as valid.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

For the post above, and in general:

Just because you think something is not a spoiler does not make it so. If you are going to go into any specific details of the movie, put it behind a spoiler tag. Last warning.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Can we stop [spoiler]ing this movie? It would be alot easier to read what you people say if this thread didn't look like a classified document.

THE LITERAL FIRST WORDS IN THIS THREAD posted:

:siren: Do not post open (untagged) spoilers in this thread until a month after release. Not everyone is going to be able to see this right away. If you'd like to use untagged spoilers, please go to the spoiler thread. I'll be giving out harsher than average probations for purposefully untagged spoilers.

If someone posts untagged spoilers, DO NOT QUOTE THE SPOILERS. Just report the post.
:siren:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

General Dog posted:

This is loving insane, everyone in the world has seen this movie already, and it they haven't it's extremely unlikely they're in this thread.

It's the exact same rule that was in place for Force Awakens and Rogue One, and everyone got along fine then. It's holiday time, some people might be waiting to see it with their families. Get over it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Mameluke posted:

I find all this to be both capricious and arbitrary. Who benefits from this rule?

Suck it up

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Unless I missed the part in Star Wars where they went to planet Argentina and had a riveting conversation about appropriation, this isn’t the thread to talk about this.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Made a new spoiler thread since reviews and spoilers are going to be hitting soon. Please take any spoiler discussion over there.

Also we now need a new name for this thread, relating to Solo. So let's pitch some ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh my god the sound effect

I saw this movie with my mom and even she, who was crying like 80% of the movie, started belly-laughing at that sound.

gently caress Tom Hooper.