Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I sure am tired of all these star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I don't like "porgs"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I liked that the episode 3 clone wheel tank showed up in R1, repurposed into an imperial prisoner transport. made me say "neat"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I was gonna say something like "well I guess that's one way to find out the rebels cast doesn't die" but I realized I literally don't care.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I woulda said “Snywalker”

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Il Federale posted:

It is pronounced "A, T, A, T." Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I never noticed how normal those suitcases look

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How does that even make sense across galactic scales

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dog

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Imagine being the person who managed to get so worked up over the jivjov gimmick, they actually tried to own him with a red text av

l o l

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

The decision to slam huge Star Wars Explained videos at the top of each article is bizarre. Sometimes they're not even related to the topic on the page.

It's something that's happened on every wikia, so I can only imagine it's some weird decision by the Wikia admins to drive up views

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Midichlorians are no big deal to me but I feel like they matter a lot to Lucas and I'm not entirely sure why when they feel more like something you'd put in the "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About the Force" tie-in reference book for turbo-nerds than something you'd devote a scene to in the movie. There's that bit towards the end of TPM where Qui-Gon stops the plot to explain what they are and how they work to Anakin, and I've heard about the author of that one behind the scenes "making of" book receiving notes from Lucasfilm instructing him to make clear that Lucas came up with midichlorians in 1975 and just never put them in the original movies.

I assume there must have been some plan to include them in Ep. II and III but that plan changed. I know that in the EU, the backstory that was eventually revealed was that Darth Plagueis wanted to manipulate midichlorians to obtain immortality (I can't remember if midichlorians were specifically mentioned in that scene in ROTS but they very well could have been) and Anakin was conceived/created by the Force to destroy the Sith after they tried to use midichlorians to create life or something like that, which I believe came from Lucas's notes and ideas. Maybe that was meant to be in it.

Yes, in RoTS Palpatine tells Anakin that Plagueis could "manipulate the midichlorians to create life."

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

The idea that the prequels show the Jedi as semi-bad guys is fan cannon retcon to justify liking a lovely batch of movies. The Jedi are clearly supposed to be righteous protectors of justice in the prequels, it's just that the movies are so incompetent that it come through clearly.

They became arrogant and were blinded to the darkness creeping in around them. Luke literally says this in TLJ

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I fall asleep during all star wars opening crawls. Except RoTS, because that one starts with an exclamation.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought in hyperspace they literally weren't in normal space anymore.

It's always been the case that large masses in the real space cause a noticeable effect in hyperspace that can cause a ship to crash. The Empire has special gravity generating ships to pull ships out of hyperspace

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

eh, of course it was going to have good cg. A trailer showcasing this doesn't convince me at all that it will be good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

Here are some lines I expect Han to say in Solo:

"That's the last time I help anyone. It's you and me from here on out, Chewie ol pal"
"Lando I don't trust ya but I like ya"
"We'll fudge that" (this is after he does the Kessel Run in 12.2 parsecs)
"I love this ship and I'm going to keep it in mint condition forever"
"These dice are pretty important to me"
"You guys must have a death wish or you're none too bright" (this is when he meets Diego Luna and K2)
"Where's the toilet on this thing"

You don't expect him to say I got a bad feeling about this?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

No Woody will

HAN: Actually I'm feeling pretty good about this

BECKETT: Well I've got a bad feeling about this

HAN: Ooh that's good

Ah, you're right

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's all moot anyway because in a month Solo is probably gonna show that it is, in fact, some dumb bullshit like the wormhole thing and Han was being 100% truthful

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Uuuueeeergh

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gotta get his death on-screen while they can!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He does walk in with money, just the wrong kind. And he does try to mind control Watto into thinking they’re the right kind of money, it just didn’t work. He didn’t hesitate to use it, though.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Episode IX: Part One: This Is Getting Out of Hand

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Zas posted:

'rise' is such a silly bland word to have in your movie title. oh well they cant all be cool like 'attack of the clones'

They needed another R word after Return and Revenge

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Good news. Jon Favreau actually consulted Lucas on stuff when making The Mandalorian.

I hope Lucas just told him a bunch of nonsense that Favreau thought was legit.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

Years between OT and PT: 16
Years between PT and ST: 10
Years between ST and xT*: 3**

*assuming that these are gonna alternate between Rian trilogy and Throner Boner Boys trilogy

**still have two live action series and a cartoon in the interim lol

It’s like that scene in Pacific Rim where the science guy says there will soon be a double event

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The amazing adventures of Anakin's lightsaber: was used extensively in a false war, murdered some children, sat in an old guy's box for 20 years, cut open a space yak, fell down a hole shortly after. Then it ended up sitting in another box for 30 years and became a holy object for some reason.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah these guys just look like junkyard warriors

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

But is R2-D2 Barbie a person?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hello there

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tomtrek posted:

Remember when Star Wars was just a trilogy?

An Ewan McGregor show and a Diego Luna show, cool

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

:hmmyes:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The interdictor was in Rebels so technically it’s not EU anymore

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i clapped when i saw the droid gunship

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012