Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I legit heard Hamill's Joker at the end, I guess because he was the only speaker in it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

So make it more Dark Empire? I'm into it.

This lead me to a series of thoughts, that Sheev Palpatine is canonically a redhead earlier in life, which leads to DE Clone Emperor looking bad in colourised art, but red-haired Domhnall Gleeson would look about right.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I guess if you only watch the movies you'd have to look up MacDiarmid to know, I don't know if IMDB and wiki existed back then but certainly not as well known then. I assume "Palpatine" came out of some source material by Lucas that didn't make it into dialogue.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ultimately palpatine was done in by his inability to resist talking poo poo in fortnite. Finally a relatable villain in a star wars film

It will transpire he was the one talking smack to Korg in Endgame.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Everyone bags on the original Vader/Obi-Wan fight because its not fast and furious but it's honestly probably the most realistic because for one thing I believe they are using actual kendo and fencing stances/techniques but more importantly they are keeping their distance and doing their best to keep the loving laser death blade from getting anywhere near them since it can burn off their flesh with a single touch.

The worst thing later Star Warses did was make people too nonchalant about light sabers. They should be impressive because they are so dangerous that anyone who isn't a jedi doesn't even risk using them for fear of burning their face and extremities off.

The fight towards the end of Rebels (Obi Wan Vs Maul) is super minimalist and one of the best fights in the franchise and tells a lot of the characters stories.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think I just realised I've of the things I disliked about Rise was Finn got done dirty. His relationship with Rose chucked, something he meant to say to Rey but just never did, finds other former troopers and it doesn't really go anywhere narratively and makes him less special. It's Rey's saga but he and Poe are very near top billing in my mind. I think the very first footage shown of the new trilogy was him coming round on Jakku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Horizon Burning posted:

It was. Rumors also suggested that he was the protagonist for some significant part of the production where Rey was, well, the Finn. Remember the big controversy about how there were so few Rey toys? That's said to be part of the reason.

A lot of promo images of him with the lightsaber, and I think Awakes was telling us he was Force sensitive.