Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Get better computers you goddamn nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Whats flying by at the end of the Gif loop? Four knives?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Hav posted:

Some backers are going to entirely leave puberty before they get their game.

Children will be born, hear great tales of the Best Video Game ever made growing up, and raise children of their own to pass on the legend of the great video games saviour Chris Roberts before they get their game

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Wasn't there a big MMO project that was also a TV show and each influenced the other, and both sucked?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Phrosphor posted:

Was I dreaming or was there a 'free' weekend for Star Citizen last weekend? Was there any fallout from that?

It's this weekend. I think today is the last day.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Crowdfunding is specifically designed to siphon the money of idiots into the hands of madmen shouting about their fever dreams.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm not shaming cuckolds or anything (though thinking about it, isn't shame the whole appeal? I dunno), I guess not disrespecting is the better word- the funniest part of this is that in his marital situation, there is not one but two people more sane and rational than him.

You know poly relationships exist, right?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I like to imagine it as the two adults in the household having to physically wrestle him to the ground, open up his wallet, and remove his credit card while he shrieks like a child because his spaceship jpgs are ruining the household budget.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

tithin posted:

Has there been much in the way of legal movements? It seems to have fizzled.

Law stuff takes a looooong time, I think the really juicy stuff doesn't start until June if I remember my timeline correctly.

I could be wrong though!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

It may only be the beginning seeds of doubt in the minds of reddit, but it's still pretty great to see. The last ~8 or so months has not been kind to the game, and I think we're finally getting close to a breaking point amongst the true believers (I should ask my brother his opinion on the game, I stopped making fun of him for it in 2016).

The next year should be very interesting, and not just because of the Skadden lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Nebakenezzer posted:

A good post, Skeletal Captain rides again

One question, though: what's this white box, grey box thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2y_rLIIB5I

Skip around in this video to see good use of white/greybox application. A bunch of broken assets t-posing around an empty looking map to make sure the gameplay is fun and working. Then, as the mechanics of the game come together, you start to apply art assets.

Star Citizen literally does this backwards, adding million-polygon spaceships who's function doesn't exist in the game yet.

Edit: it also means that you can find flaws in the game and change them before you pay an artist a ton of money to complete an asset that needs to be changed.