Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A4 Steak Sauce
May 9, 2016
Okay, first Imma give you some background on my cousins. One is just hitting 13, the other is 9-10. The dad (also my cousin, whom while stoic, always was good to me and even played NES games with me as a youngster) works his rear end off to support the boys, leaving some of the bigger stuff a bit of a rarity.

Thing is, due to their mom (not in the picture constantly and not my place to talk about it, especially here) kinda sorta got them on Magic the Gathering early. poo poo you not, the younger one use boxes to take care of their cards, something I didn't figure out until like 15. Problem is the game is kinda expensive. But I have a plan.

You see, my brother got me hooked at age ten and also gave me his cards, ranging from 1993 White borders to I think the time they changed the borders. I then bought and traded, adding up to Ravnica and beyond. Nowadays there isn't anyone near me that really plays with me anymore...Except for when I get to see my little cousins.

Here's the plan: I make myself ONE 60-card deck to keep. Naturally I am going with a combination of my two best red/white decks (Boros for life). Then make two more decks. (they really loved the hand-built ones I made for them in the past), one for each. Then pull out my 2 foot blank white extras box, and the other boxes I use for lands.

I have a few other ways to make it interesting, but I need a little help finding the following:

*I need to find where I can find a material similar to blister packs. The idea is to take all my extras, riffle shuffle the whole thing and begin separating them into 15-card piles, then wrap them up into janky-rear end blisters.

*I need to find the dimensions for a deck/side deck box so I can nab some wood and break out my chisels.

* Finally, I would like to look into making counters. Dwarven Stronghold is still a wicked card for X-cost cards, and while I have some ideas for sheet copper tokens, I'd rather find cheaper, saner alternative materials to work with (That and if I am busting out the sheet metal I am probably gonna use it on the above deck boxes).

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread