Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Jumping into this ep after passing on most of season 3, and I'ma give it a...hmm, a solid B-minus. Not actively bad, and I can see all steps they're trying to take to right the ship and get this show back to something enjoyable again, but I still spent most of this hour yawning through all the requisite drama and motivational speeches. These characters are still some of my favorites on TV, but I don't think I'm ever gonna be as enamored of this show as I used to be.

The last part made me hopeful, felt like it was all just an unecesarily elaborate setup to make him get rid of all that angst going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bruceski posted:

(spoilered because you said you paused halfway through)Well, that was the point. Shows up right when Cisco is ready to try bringing him back, "welcome home Flash" as the dying message. Everything went according to plan.

Team flash didn't know that though so I did think it's a bit weird they didn't even try.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The thinker feels even more unthreatening than the Flash's usual bad guys, he's only a problem because after going about things the dumbest way possible Barry decides to... just not follow up in any way.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I kind of want him to be defeated because of something Wally does he didn't prepare for - because he just forgot about him.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If only Barry had some kind of ability that would let him do things (like clean up?) in the blink of an eye. Sure would have come in handy at the end there...

And poor Wally, wouldn't even have him spend Christmas with his family. :(

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Last two titans shows didn’t have kid flash. Might be thinking of young justice.

While why doesn’t Barry just “speed” has been a runninh theme on the show I feel Devoe makes it worse because they don’t even need superpowers, Joe or Wells should be able to take him.

Shame about a lame vilain because the other stuff this season has been good.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Even if the charge does stick... just phase out of the cell, leave a time remnant behind if you wanna get fancy. Or... did Barry ever learn to do those afterimages?

Svensken posted:

When did he learn that Barry is the Flash?

Probably right away. Telepath.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The lawyer dude's starting speech going on about how hard it will be to believe a cop committed a crime came of pretty tone deaf.

And the drama of Barry goes to jail is kind of muted by him getting to just walk out anytime if he chooses. Oh he doesn't want to become a furgitive? Leave a hologram/time remnant/Wells using that face changing pen behind. :effort:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Thinking of it, all of this was because Barry didn't want to commit perjury, but isn't him saying he never killed anyone in his closing statement when he did several times exactly that anyway? :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Minor nitpick that Barry refused to testify in his favor because he’d have to lie in court, but got the charges dropped due to his palls lying and falsifying evidence at court.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea, his thing was shown as having a consistency in place for every possible outcome rather than 100% prediction powers.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Didn't that other Wells turn Star labs into a museum or...something? Presumably team flash is living off the income from that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It kind of looks like team flash might not even have to do anything - just take a vacation to earth two and Devoe will selfdestruct all by himself. :effort:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Agreed, expect for Devoe the show’s been on good. To the point that I wouldn’t mind next season not really having a big bad. Just have random crisis of the week stuff and lots of fun character interactions.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Also, how stupid do Barry and Ralph think people are? Showing up talking to Izzy in civilian clothes and then two guys who look exactly the same show up dressed in costumes.

That stupid, apparently, since when they do the "reveal" she's genuinely surprised.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Flash being way too fast aside - yep this ep was good. For those in the known, was dad Flash going to train a replacement a refference to anyone in particular?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

To be fair, everyone would still die in this timeline - only Barry would get to hang out in an alternate one where they didn’t.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Everyone else gets away with it all the time, though!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Titan posted:

When he was in jail he ran that one guy to China and came back in a few seconds. If I remember right, in the comics Wally evacuates an entire city in a similar situation.

Funny if you think about it - from his own perspective he still had to spend however long it would take to actually walk to China, while carrying a huge man, no less.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They need to stop dropping that dumb "we are the flash!" line, but that aside Iris has been really good this season, mainly since she actually has things to do.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

The "jittery" girl would be my best guess.

I thought we all agreed that's Barry & Iris's daughter from the future.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Maybe Devoe just wanted team Flash to develop their own, supperior thinking cap that would not kill him...

Ep was good, though almost like they were responding to some critism against Iris directly - like rememembering she’s supposed to be a reporter. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Got the inking we might be loosing Cisco from this ep. :( Though it migjht mean Dibney sticking around - or maybe finally doing something with Caytlin.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dibney was right, and it’s not like they haven’t murdered villains for less in the past. :argh:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They’ll switch his thinking cap for Harry’s and it will make him dumb(er).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You’d think the police, army, nato etc would be getting involved at that point too.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yep.

Klungar posted:

Haven’t had a chance to watch yet, do we find out why the house was bitchin’?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Did they explain why Ralph's body didn't retain all the powers DeVoe stole?

He probably still has them, just didn’t think of it.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Changes caused by Barry would already have been present for Nora’s timeline, anything she perceives as a deviation like Cicada “being early” & picking different victims is def on her, though yea his identity not matching might be up to Barry’s earlier fuckups.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

XboxPants posted:

I mean... I guess there's so much insane time fuckery in that world that in a way, non-linear time travel consequences do make sense. That whole timeline's just a big loving ball of spaghetti.

She first showed up during the wedding, how long ago was that in universe?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Future Iris is the worst.

Present Barry and Iris agreeing with that was super lovely, too. :colbert:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There’s probably some meta’s just minding their own business that we don’t hear about. Like that guy who was bad then wasn’t due to flash point and hasn’t been relevant since.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Before it just seemed like she was being an enabler, but we know now she was the one that put killing metas into his head. You know the worst thing? Its going to turn out Star Labs is going to heal that guys Niece.

She didn't know he has powers yet so it was just an offhand comment at that point, and honestly not even wrong at that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Was the book guy at the end anyone from canon?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

She just learned that part, to be fair...

Also I seem to remember Thawne at some point explaining he left behind a bunch of time clones and that's why he's still around?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 6, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So going by Felicity’s appearance, Arrow is still stuck on relationship/keeping secrets drama. So glad Flash got over that.

Is batgirl getting a series?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 11, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Given what I googled about the book fellow merging the earths could actually happen after all this maybe?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gotta say though while I liked Batwoman, I wanna know why a wig is a part of her actual costume.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It’s kind of lovely of them to call it a cure to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It’s probably a “with great power thing”, this ep even shows him being reluctant but in the end unable to say no.