Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Footballs Coming Home
It's going home in the group stage
It's coming home
It's coming
Footballs Coming Home
View Results

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So it looks like our mighty boys in White England managed to qualify for the World cup. It was a difficlut task, managing to beat world class opponents like Malta, Lithuania and Scotland but we did it. I can't believe it, lets all hope that a bunch of russian ultras brutaly murder the official pukka pies England band somehow.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM
ITS COMING HOME LADS

Ifg you want to know more about the England squad please let me know and I will try to make a post about the players that play for the England Mens National Team or EMNT as every England fan calls them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
England will win in 2018 and will host 2022 once Qatar is wiped off the map quote this when it happens its coming home

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's coming home

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Congrats all

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i cant believe its coming home

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Is it coming home, though?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
In England they call the World Cup the British Empire Championship

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I don't understand how football can come home if china didn't qualify

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

I don't understand how football can come home if china didn't qualify

China will buy it. Easy.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Harry Kane's raiding Moscow and bringing it home in his spitfire.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I'm pre-ordering my bucket of Vindaloo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
captain 'hero' hendo in an open top bus

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I think England could possibly surprise some people and reach the second round.

Expectations are so low as to be almost nonexistent, so there is little pressure on the players to succeed, apart from that they put on themselves to excel. They also have a young, dashing firebrand of a manager who can't fail to inspire his young team to great heights.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sad King Billy posted:

Expectations are so low as to be almost nonexistent, so there is little pressure on the players to succeed, apart from that they put on themselves to excel. They also have a young, dashing firebrand of a manager who can't fail to inspire his young team to great heights.

Plus they have Balloon Door nominee Harry Kane leading the line

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
england are loving shite

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

england are loving shite

Agreed, but you can't dispute the fact that its coming home.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i most definitely can

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

track day bro! posted:

Agreed, but you can't dispute the fact that its coming home.

It is

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Alexeythegreat posted:

Is it coming home, though?

It's never coming home

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Sad King Billy posted:

Actually theyre going to win the world Cup

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Get deeney in the team with vardy running around him. Andy Carroll off the bench. Can't fail

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
England are a much better team than the USMNT and would easily beat them if they ever played. Only one of these teams deserved to go to the world Cup

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Latinx posted:

It's never coming home

It is. It's coming home in 2018.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mean Bean Machine posted:

England are a much better team than the USMNT and would easily beat them if they ever played. Only one of these teams deserved to go to the world Cup

Actually I'll have you know that the last time these teams clashed, the mighty USMNT won 1-1.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Imagine if the US was still owned by England, then they'd be going to the World Cup! Talk about regrets

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Can someone explain to me why the English are so much better at football than the Americans? Was it the boat trip over to America, or was it the mingling of their blood with that of the savage Indians that completely sapped their footballing skills? Anyway, very strange.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Can someone explain to me why the English are so much better at football than the Americans? Was it the boat trip over to America, or was it the mingling of their blood with that of the savage Indians that completely sapped their footballing skills? Anyway, very strange.

America did well under Obama but failed under Trump, point proven.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

The aztecs invented football but then we killed them and we all forgot how to play until Scotland invented it again

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

If America had Lebron James, Chris Paul, Warren Moon, Brock Lesnar, and Bruno Mars playing soccer we'd win easily

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

paddyboat posted:

The aztecs invented football but then we killed them and we all forgot how to play until Scotland invented it again

Actually Luis Aragones killed the Aztecs!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big news if true

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bumping this just to remind everyone that it's coming home.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
its coming home

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's coming

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Footballs coming home.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb2v3vWRRcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfK0npPLXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1lXeBnT-mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nApkco-UUo
we were so loving good in 1996... :'(

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

JFairfax posted:

we were so loving good in 1996... :'(

And '98 as well. Bloody Beckham.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AJ_Impy posted:

And '98 as well. Bloody Beckham.

to be honest, beckham wasn't the problem, what did it was Shearer getting Campbell's goal disallowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-lpT-b2g4

we would have won if this had stood

it should have loving stood...

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 19, 2017

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
England are poo poo but are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax