Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Finished watching the show and man it was amazing. I thought the ending was a bit weak and for me felt a bit rushed. But I'm really looking forward to season 2 and I'm glad they already approved it.
Regarding Holden and the ending.

I felt that it was a bit to obvious how much his life mirrored aspects of the serial killers he interviewed. He tells two stories about how his mother humiliated him sexually, first by walking in on him masturbating and expressing disapproval with it. And then the story about how she asked him about how many women he had been with, when he lied and said "many" she again disapproved.

He interviews a serial killer who's trigger was getting a dear john letter from a girlfriend who was in college and then seeing his girlfriend with another man on the college campus. Holden more or less have the same experience with his girlfriend, who he sees in a somewhat intimate position with her friend Patrick.

Holden also starts a witch-hunt on the school principal who tickles kids, seeing it as an early warning of a manic behavior the principal can't and won't stop, while Holden himself does the exact same with his newfound interview techniques, despite several warnings from his colleagues.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show and the development, I just think it was a bit to obvious what was going to happen.

I'm not really sure if the ending was even supposed to be surprising, but if it was, I think it failed somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I kept thinking a human hand was gonna grab the tuna

Same and I'm glad it didn't happen.

• Locked thread