Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

precision posted:

First episode is Zodiac as gently caress, this is good

Hell yeah. This is a really great show though the Fincher-directed episodes felt stronger overall than the others and I hope he returns for more and doesn't House of Cards it off to others so much. It's so nice to have a show that doesn't do so much talking down to the audience and has the balls to not rush through everything and let scenes and moments breathe/build tension. The guy playing Kemper is pretty remarkable too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's been mentioned in this thread already but Fincher's Zodiac is a pretty good cooldown movie to watch after this show so you won't have that hollow feeling of having to wait at least a year and change for season 2. Also it's one of his best movies so there's that, too.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Here are similar VFX breakdowns for Zodiac and The Girl WIth The Dragon Tattoo. Fincher's pretty awesome with subtle digital effects stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZS8OVyVr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvnYfjBqslY

E: And Gone Girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwS_E91fZA

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 27, 2017

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He was a space monkey in Fight Club too. He's the "In death, a member of Project Mayhem, has a name." guy.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 1, 2017

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm glad Fincher is directing more of this show but bummed that it's just two more episodes. I guess he's busy making movies which is good but the episodes he's directed so far are loving gorgeous to look at and impeccably edited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

viral spiral posted:

I read somewhere that he's in charge of casting and the overall direction of the plot as well. This show would have never been made without him and his connections, after all.

And yeah, every one of Fincher's films are beautifully shot. This show is like the TV version of Zodiac. I love it.

I do like that he clearly has a more hands-on approach with this show than he did with House of Cards (despite being the exec. producer) and I feel this show manages to maintain the Fincher style better than House of Cards did as it progressed.

And yeah, this does ring heavily of Zodiac. I've recommended it in this thread before I think but seriously, loving watch Zodiac, it's one of his best movies by a long shot and that's saying something.

• Locked thread