Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

First episode is Zodiac as gently caress, this is good

Can't wait to watch tonight. Zodiac is by far my favorite Fincher movie and one of my favorite movies of all time. And I've been looking forward to this show for that very reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man, this is really good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo is the guy on at the beginning of each episode BTK? Wow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well Edmund Kemper is pretty much just as loving unsettling in real interviews as he is in this show. I think it would almost actually be less unsettling if he seemed like the kind of detached crazy that we generally associate with a serial killer. Hearing him talk about everything so casually and articulate is just not what the mind immediately imagines these types to be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8x5PeZZFNs

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo, that Richard Speck interview in episode nine is something else. Jesus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Watching Holt McCallany work makes me wish there was an Expendables style movie with gruff tough guy actors like Michael Shannon, Kieth David, Dean Norris, Stacy Keach, etc.

Watching Holt makes me wish he was audiobook narrator. His voice is fantastic. Also he's the son of Julie Wilson which is just loving awesome. I would imagine that he and Groff just bonded immediately over that fact.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Xealot posted:

But the team is so conditioned to seeing the worst, they see it even in scenarios where it doesn't apply.

The show is doing this to the viewer as well. Like telling you about Holdern's mother embarrassing him and his jealousy of his girlfriend hanging out with another guy. Things we've already been told in the show are possible signs of deviant/suspicious behavior. Or even with Tench's son, who is probably just withdrawn and perhaps even spooked about his dad because like any kid he went through his dad's stuff but found something horrifying.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No, I think the show is just trying to do to the viewers what the cases are doing to the detectives. Make you paranoid and apprehensive about the behavior of people. I seriously doubt you’ll ever see Holden or Tench go that route as the show is still based on real people and events. The reason they’ve renamed them is to dramatize and consolidate stories. So that for instance more interesting events that happened to Ressler in real life can be attributed to Ford in the show such as the some of the stuff with Kemper.

Also Douglas is a creative consultant on this show and is not a fan of the Thomas Harris stuff at all because of how inaccurate it is and has said the thing that drew him to this show was the promise of following his book, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up for things going in that direction.

X-O fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

One of my favorite things on the blurays for Fincher's films are the VFX reels because Fincher does some of the best and most detail oriented VFX stuff of any director. This reel does not disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4Byf1EzRE

The attention to detail on the last one really drove home because I don't think anyone in the world would have noticed that except David Fincher.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 27, 2017

• Locked thread