Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How do you get the wedding dress in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey Yoshi you know how our relationship has always been one of friendship and riding on you while finding you fruit to eat?

What if instead... I possess you and take away all your free will

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want to play the whole game as Bowser :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Am I just supposed to run around like an idiot until I hopefully come across something the stupid dog sniffs out? The star literally says "at peach's castle. good dog!" but he doesn't do poo poo anywhere around the castle. He won't come across the bridge so I can't take him into the castle. He won't go into the empty moat.

How do I make this dumb dog lead me to the moon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Am I just supposed to run around like an idiot until I hopefully come across something the stupid dog sniffs out? The star literally says "at peach's castle. good dog!" but he doesn't do poo poo anywhere around the castle. He won't come across the bridge so I can't take him into the castle. He won't go into the empty moat.

How do I make this dumb dog lead me to the moon

Please help

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You just need to run around like an idiot hopefully accomplishing other things while having the dog follow behind you and sniffing out secrets. If you've got everything else then it's just scouring the map waiting for the dog to find the hidden moon.

Goddamnit. Don't call that "Found at Peach's Castle" when it's a hundred miles away from the castle :mad: Bad dog :mad:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That T-rex scooter chase was A++++++

edit: Bitch you just said you love hats TAKE THE HAT

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 4, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jump rope was easy peasy :smug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I went to 200 afterwards to see if it there's anything if you go even further but I wasn't given a moon. I don't know if you get anything for going higher but I wanted to stop and keep doing other moons

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish I could replace all the racing moons with jump rope. Goddamn do I hate the racing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Meh. The moped timer level was way better

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This moon where you have to roll on the edge of the Wood Kingdom beginning area and get the music notes is BRUTAL drat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

:toot: What an amazing game. All that's left to do is to max out the Moon Counter and beat Bowser one last time.

Will the sail turn gold if you simply hit that number or do you have to specifically get the moons the hard way? I wish I hadn't bought the 10 from the store to see what that was about cause I feel like I cheated my moon count by ten :( I wanted to get the non-maxing out amount legitimately

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cool thanks :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Finally gave up and looked up what to do for "Sphynx Traveling to the Waterfall"

gently caress you game :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

What is that little gold pipe(?)opening in bowsers kingdom? I blew up some boxes and found it, then went to the top of the pagoda and there seemed to be another end. Can't figure out how to interact with it though.

I don't actually know but if I had to guess: try going in there with the gold costume?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Did you beat the game? I also wouldn't put this Mario as "best Mario ever" for me, because I just prefer linear platforming levels to the big open world stuff (though I'm still having a ton of fun with the game so it's not exactly a huge complaint) but the final bit with Bowser is easily the best ending to a game a Mario game has ever had

edit: Like my FAVORITE stuff in the game so far has been the platforming segments you get inside the post-game moon rock pipes. The one on the moon with the swinging pendulum things was SO good.

That one level where you have to be a frog to leap over the purple waves can go to hell though

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 5, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So are there any moons in the bowser fight + bowser section afterwards? I jumped in the painting and redid the end and there weren't any extra moons that I could tell

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

lol are you joking me with this moon in the deep woods where you have to basically just lose hundreds of coins to get it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

blue squares posted:

You don't have to get every moon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Argue posted:

Took me quite a few tries to get the S-rank secret race but it was still nowhere near as bad as jumprope.

This is insane to me. INSANE. Jump rope you just hit the jump button!!! The race the movement is so erratic and the one NPC has perfect boundin countrol!! How is jump rope harder for you guys!! Aaarrghhh!!!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What is this moon in Deep Forest or whatever that everyone's complaining about? The one that involves lots of coins. I must just be totally missing something because it's dark down there :shobon:

In the river there's a spot that has some coins around it on the ground, with a plant growing in the middle of them. Nearby there's one of those coin purse monsters that will drop coins for you as you walk but his attack will shoot coins and they will be removed from your actual coin count. You have to sit there at that plant and just shoot coins at it. Like multiple hundreds of your coins to make the plant slowly grow and eventually a moon will come out. It's dumb

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Haha okay folks and everyone on twitter, you can stop joking about the jump rope moons being hard, ya got me, ya trolled me good you had your fun

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Now THIS moon, can eat my entire rear end:

I feel like if I could reliably do the spinning hat thing I could get it, but I can't, no matter what. The motion control way of doing it DOESN'T loving WORK. Mario always just spins his hat forward. Doing it with controls is too slow and clunky for this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Flick both joycons in the same direction. Worked perfectly for me after a bit of practice

I literally cannot flick them in the same direction more. I even attached them back to the controller dongle so they'd stay perfectly symmetrical with each other to try to get it to work. HE JUST KEEPS FLICKING IT FORWARD. I am not capable of doing the spinning move with motion controls

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bluff Buster posted:

... you know, I never even considered using the hat for that moon. I thought the gimmick was to possess the bird and use its beak to collect all the notes.

Holy gently caress thank the loving LORD for this post. I could NOT get the stupid motion controls to do anything but spin the hat forward. The bird was the only way I could do it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm pretty consistently blown away by how much you'll suddenly notice something and go "No, there's no way that'll work" AND THEN IT WORKS

This is one of those moons that just made me think "you clever mother fucker"

Electromax posted:

The frog floatiness on the bonus moon in this level is driving me crazy.
https://twitter.com/hatersgonnahate/status/928419810714689536

This level made me want to die in real life

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't know how you're supposed to figure out the "found with wooded kingdom art" moon on your own. Like, the picture shows a koopa troopa, four up arrows, and then two bushes side by side. There's groups of bushes all around that turtle, so naturally one of those should be right, right?

These bushes are almost completely at the opposite end of the map of the turtle. They aren't anywhere NEAR the drat turtle!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I admittedly didn't even notice the compass

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I was totally charmed by going to all these weird looking locations as Mario where his art style doesn't fit.

When the situation is reversed later on though and everyone is visiting the Mushroom Kingdom. Something about it is like... unnatural. Like they don't belong there. This is a sacred place real rear end looking humans

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Those dang DONKS. Only Paulina is welcome, and she doesn't even show up!!

I'm missing exactly SIX coins in the Sand Kingdom and I am completely stumped at where they could be

edit: Found three on a ledge. Looks like I'm gonna go do a shimmy around the whole map :v:

edit: In searching for these last remaining 3 coins, I discovered with some easy trick jumping you can COMPLETELY cheese the bullet bill poison lake section. You can go up there where the camera becomes free form instead of locked top down! There's even a coin stack up there to reward you for exploring! :buddy:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 9, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:doh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want Amiibo of all the Vacation Peach outfits. Gimme them fashionable Peaches

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sockser posted:

There's a moon behind the chapel and I have to catch this little tiny bubble guy that keeps flying off. Is there some sort of trick here? All the other ones I've been able to creep up and cap them but I'm kinda stuck here

You have to get really close but not too close so it doesn't fly away. Then hit it with Cappy. I needed to do the homing move to get it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So a little just QOL thing they have in this game, is when you come out of a pipe or warp to a checkpoint, and you are underwater, the breath meter won't start ticking down until you start moving. That way if you look away or do something else as it loads, you won't die of running out of breath while idling

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Never be ashamed of achieving something simple in a clever way. I nabbed the extra-tall Seed moon in the Seaside Kingdom with a combination of a triple-jump, wall-kick and dive.

It was only afterwards I remembered I could've possessed a Gushen.

I did the same thing. I didn't even think of those squid things until after I passed by one later. I assumed the wall jumping was just part of the deal.

Likewise there's a few moons in caves around that area where you can do some wall jumping and some hat diving to get them. Turns out, you're supposed to use the squids.

It's super super cool how Nintendo awards you for trying out other ways to get moons and for "breaking" the game so to speak by going out of bounds or sequence breaking

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Also them saying that playing as captured enemies isn’t fun. I thought that was going to be the case as well but playing as Pokio and tropical weedfiend and the like is super fun

Pokio rules. Alternatively the tank sucks. I honestly hated the Donk City fight because I just find the tank controls really unfun. The cannon aiming is awful.

The Broodles fight at the end of Bowser's Kingdom with Pokio on the other hand was RAD. I loved it, so much fun, such a cool boss. Also the flower UFO thing.

Some things are fun to control, some aren't. I wish the up and down buttons on the fish were reversed because it doesn't not feel intuitive with the current ones. I always end up going the wrong direction at first.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there some way to cheese the stupid polar bear bouncy racing?? I can't do this poo poo at all. I hate it. I hope all these polar bears get killed by global warming

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There were no survivors

Good :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RCarr posted:

Iceburn Circuit S Class

Macaluso posted:

Is there some way to cheese the stupid polar bear bouncy racing?? I can't do this poo poo at all. I hate it. I hope all these polar bears get killed by global warming

:mad:

• Locked thread