Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There is this insane mysterious temple in Turkey that came way way before even farming villages and nobody gets it and nobody ever will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Also Cornish tin was crazy important in the ancient world and the Carthaginians kept the Strait of Gibraltar under a very strict lockdown so that nobody else could get their hands on it. They didn't actually travel to Cornwall but they had an idea of where it was and they bought the stuff through middlemen.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

So if you were a time traveller in that time period and you built some awesome ship and decided to go discover America you'd get murdered by Carthaginians who didn't want anyone messing with their racket.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Speleothing posted:

We've been posting about that already

I'm sorry I'll go die in a mysterious battle in Northern Germany for my sins.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That Robot posted:

I’ll allow it. I love history in general, particularly antiquity.

There was some intricately carved gemstone from Mycenae that was found recently. It supposedly had better perspective and skill than anything previously discovered from that period.

It’s pretty cool to find something like this not only from Ancient Greece but OG Ancient Greece.

There's Polis Greece, and there's Wanax Greece. Which sounds more cool and badass to you??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pretending you were actual for real buddies with the Gods was basically the Bronze Age version of "my uncle works for Nintendo".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Telsa Cola posted:

The joke answer is corn (this also might be the real answer).

With corn you can make delicious spitbooze.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

overlooks how Assyria worked as a functional society.

Mmm, barley mush.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Wow...Imagine it...An entire age - of bronze!

They still had fart jokes, just like you and me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Who in this thread practices Kemetism?

• Locked thread