Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm gonna say that arsenical bronze is way more likely for equipping an army than meteoric iron. Tutankhamun had a little tiny dagger made of it and he was one of the richest people in the world, with unusually good access to meteorites. (Because it's easier to find them laying on top of the desert sand than in a forest or prairie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

The real answer is that it took like 800 years of metallurgy to make iron, especially armor, that was as good as bronze.

But yeah, iron is easy to get.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Lead was used as sweetener in place of sugar.

Edit: also this is all iron age, not bronze age

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Or finding dinosaur fossils and assuming that somebody must have killed it.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i already tried my man, they just dont seem interested in the neolithic. this is bronze town. perhaps we should make our own neolithic thread, maybe give it a flintstones theme?

Naw, I'm super into it. The real trick is to get people to stop talking about iron age things like Rome and Greece.

Tell me about the big cities. Did Zuul wreck some faces?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I just spent my afternoon reading about the neolothic. Apparently in Jerico, the oldest still-occupied city on the planet, they would cut the head off important people after they died, cover it in clay to resemble him or her, and mount it on the wall of the house to give advice.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

First came the temple, then came the city. People started farming instead of following the herds because they wanted to stay put and build big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There is this insane mysterious temple in Turkey that came way way before even farming villages and nobody gets it and nobody ever will.

We've been posting about that already

• Locked thread