Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Telsa Cola posted:

True but the same argument could be said for non-egalitarian H/G societies were the elites get tribute or labor done for them.

H/G groups definitely had food storage methods and caches so they totally could have, especially if its something relatively east to store like acorns or smoked meats. I havent done the math for it yet I would bet in a hypothetical situation where you still need to hunt and gather food in the winter you would still have in total more leisure time year round then an agricultural society

I don't think it's "leisure time vs leisure time" as much as the amount of food being produced means people can dedicate themselves to a craft or whatever and just trade for food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread