Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This is an awesome subject and it amazes me of the extent of some goons' knowledge. I played Age of Empires when it came out. :shrug:

GBS: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Grevling posted:

This guy's channel is a goddamn pro-click.

Also recommend the book 1177 BC, it's a blast to read.

This is a true statement. Also, definitely check out Lindybeige's channel. He has tons of awesome videos about lots of ancient weapons and stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Have Blue posted:

He's kinda interesting but he pulls most of his "history" from "my larp group does it this way so clearly that's how the ancients did it!"

Eh, I don't think he says "this is clearly how they did it." What he does is play around with the stuff and try to figure out on his own how it may have been used. I'm sure he has the historical information but when he has the stuff in his hands he comes up with other ideas. Nothing is set in stone, they're just ideas that he throws out.

Plus he's extremely charismatic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

StudlyCaps posted:

Lindybeige has a video on the holocaust that boils down to "not only Jews were killed so they should stop making a big deal and calling it the holocaust."
It comes across as pedantry rather than antisemitism but he's kind of a dickhead either way.

Jesus. I've only seen his videos on ancient weapons. Anything I've ever seen from him he clearly says this is what "might" have happened.

I don't know. I like the guy. Although I know now not to watch his holocaust video.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Telsa Cola posted:

So I don't want to be the rear end in a top hat here but honestly people shouldn't touch things of archaeological or historical significance with their bare hands unless its been okayed and even then I'm hesitant. The oils gently caress things up alone not to mention the damaging effect of repeated touching. Its been a real problem at archaeological sites and museums.

I know its bad but there was a huge gap in the plexi-glass on one of the Apollo space capsules at the Kennedy Space Center.

I.... I had to touch it. Something that's been in space, a bastion of science and discovery and hope.... I had to. :ohdear:

• Locked thread