Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

FuhrerHat posted:

fun history thing: the inuit of canada did exactly this (in the north) to the previous culture. using meteoric iron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_York_meteorite

you could say it was kind of inevitable, that end of this network of civilizations traded in gathered and hunted goods, primarily Amber; naturally occurring stuff and the earth's gravity would pull that junk in and the poles would exert a force that may result in more of that spacejunk going northward or southward, without good access to your pole like the northern hemisphere has doesn't give you a very good chance to pick up meteoric iron

FaradayCage posted:

Where else was there tin?

How did the olden times people know where there was tin?

It was mined somewhere in the Hindukush region, perhaps modern day Afghanistan according to the poo poo I read when I did my research, I wish I had some stuff to cite

Former DILF fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

also as a westerner thanks to egypt for not letting western civilization totally collapse, like, twice

i mean i guess we had china as backup but either way, it was a fun ride before we nuked everything (because we're going to nuke everything)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

you can stick your semantic argument in the fridge buddy

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

naem posted:

Here is a really good hour long video about possible causes of the Bronze Age collapse on YouTube if anyone's interested, he talks a lot about the interconnected economy of the whole region being necessary to finance Bronze production and how fragile the whole thing was

https://youtu.be/bRcu-ysocX4

very pro click

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Inescapable Duck posted:

The state religion in Rome, for example, might be centralised under a Chief Priest, who in some cases is the Emperor himself, and have some measure of centralisation as part of the government.

Pope's also the oldest extant elected official, according to oral tradition, the position of Pontifex Maximus was voted upon even back in "prehistoric" times.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

FuhrerHat posted:

could i successfully be an apathetic alcoholic in the bronze age? were there bars? if so what time did they close?

in this very thread theres a post about carthage selling counterfeit greek wine

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Randaconda posted:

I wish at least a few of the North American megafauna had survived.

last photo of surviving megafauna, dated 1893

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i dont know what that is, i jerk off at the highest point of the summer solstice and smear it on a carving of a bull i made

• Locked thread