Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my favourite part about this is the meteoric iron

some accounts of sea peoples indicate they had superior weaponry that could easily break existing swords

which would have been possible only if either they knew the secret of arsenical bronze (possible) or they had access to meteoric iron that could be cold forged into/onto weapons

i think its pretty badass if some poo poo falls from the sky and all of a sudden youre capable of conquering the entire 'world'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

quote:

My father, behold, the enemy's ships came (here); my cities(?) were burned, and they did evil things in my country. Does not my father know that all my troops and chariots(?) are in the Land of Hatti, and all my ships are in the Land of Lukka?... Thus, the country is abandoned to itself. May my father know it: the seven ships of the enemy that came here inflicted much damage upon us.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

my favourite part about this is the meteoric iron

some accounts of sea peoples indicate they had superior weaponry that could easily break existing swords

which would have been possible only if either they knew the secret of arsenical bronze (possible) or they had access to meteoric iron that could be cold forged into/onto weapons

i think its pretty badass if some poo poo falls from the sky and all of a sudden youre capable of conquering the entire 'world'

fun history thing: the inuit of canada did exactly this (in the north) to the previous culture. using meteoric iron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_York_meteorite

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 14, 2017

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

sea people are the true westerners

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yea probably

although the only nation to beat off the sea people was egypt so maybe you need iron to fight iron

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i always wondered how long an (uninjured) soldier fought on average before being replaced

surely this was recorded, somewhere

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 15, 2017

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thakns anime man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

could i successfully be an apathetic alcoholic in the bronze age? were there bars? if so what time did they close?

• Locked thread