Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I can't fall asleep now until I know the end: why did it collapse? I'll wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rutibex posted:

i know the time lines dont line up, but i still say iron weapons killed the bronze age. it makes perfect sense, ironworking is the ultimate disruptive technology. to make bronze requires extensive trade routes and developed civilization, but any hillbilly in the back woods can smelt bog iron. suddenly the fringe people can make weapons, when before only the powerful could afford them. recipe for disaster

I think the motivation was food (crops failed too much!) and the means was iron casting. Case closed.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Also Cornish tin was crazy important in the ancient world and the Carthaginians kept the Strait of Gibraltar under a very strict lockdown so that nobody else could get their hands on it. They didn't actually travel to Cornwall but they had an idea of where it was and they bought the stuff through middlemen.

Yes I saw that episode of Ancient Aliens, too. They all sat around and ate cereal big whoop.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Telsa Cola posted:

That lion looks shook.

• Locked thread