Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Hed posted:

i have a ducky one three TKL that I like at home but I miss not having a volume adjustment on the keeb. running windows what’s the easiest way to hotkey?

also how can I get key caps that look like old computer? like C64 keys but in cool colors? is that double shot PBT?

On the keycap front look for something in SA or MT3 profile. MT3 profile sets are exclusive to Drop.com and are in both ABS and PBT. SA profile can be found at a bunch of different vendors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Heavy switches, heavy caps, maximum clicky clacky. At least that's the logic I'm using. I like each keystroke to be as intentional feeling as I can get it, still looking for any switches heavier than Kailh Box Navies.

Zeal Clickiez are probably your only bet for mx-style switches at this point.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Just a regular PSA to buy Keychron boards from Amazon because Keychron's support will give you the runaround, make you jump through dozens of hoops, and still never accept a return or refund.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

post hole digger posted:

i bought them from dvinikey.com which i dont know anything about, but had the model i wanted in stock and everyone says buying direct from keychron is bad if you ever need to actually talk to someone.

All of this is very true. Divinikey is a great vendor and will at least attempt to take care of you if something goes wrong.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

that’s not how this works

looks around shelf at keyboards and keyboard components

that’s not how this works at all

My one true keyboard is this one, and this one, and this one, and...

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, they will happily take your money, but good luck with any kind of support if you need it.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

I bought a wooting two HE. What's this thread think about that?

Slick looking keyboard but I'm keeping it boxed up for now until my infant daughter stops projectile vomiting on my desk. My corsair k70 is getting sticky with baby sick and cat hair

They are very cool and good and they open up some pretty interesting input possibilities. Probably the first kind of keyboard that is actually good for gaming.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Broken-in browns are nice, but also pretty polarizing. Reds are just outclassed by any of the thousands of other linear switches that are out nowadays.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

I want to build a keyboard but I feel like I'd gently caress it up somehow

It's just as easy as Legos these days. The hardest part is deciding which switches to use because there are just so many now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

outhole surfer posted:

bought a k7 only to realize it has no tilde or backtick

why the gently caress would you make a keyboard with no tilde or backtick?!??

They are likely on a layer, usually under Esc.