Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
aahhhhhh in 2 weeks i can get a new work keeb! leaning towards nuphy gem80. definitely getting boba 62ts and drop+mito godspeeds. the numphy has different plates available including one (POM) that sounds like the most thock possible.

current keeb is an 8bitdo fami (very cool!) with glorious pandas. they feel awesome, yet bobas feel better

echinopsis posted:

thock supremacy

absolutely, although i've found pandas are too heavy (67g!) for gaming. both pandas and bobas make other tactile switches feel like mush.

Pooper Hero posted:

kailh box whites are the best clicky switches

the 8bitdo comes with box whites, i absolutely can't stand them or any clicky switches* at all. too tinny high pitch bs. sure i type a good 5wpm faster on them, but it's not worth it.

wife has a k8 with g pro yellows and likes it a lot

*8bitdo comes has two giant novelty buttons with cherry greens and they're great for it- the sound is very unique (high click with a low echo) and the greens have enough rebound for the button to be responsive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i'll grimace and roll my eyes at keyboards without f-keys, but once you take out the number row and put basic punctuation on chords you are 100% smoking embalming fluid

there is not a person on earth who uses one day-to-day

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

so then it's just for these weirdos?

yup, certainly is (they're cool for display, not for use)

Gearman posted:

It's just as easy as Legos these days. The hardest part is deciding which switches to use because there are just so many now.

absolutely. get yourself a switch sample pack from amazon or wherever and go hog wild.

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

work kb is 5.5 degrees, home kb is completely flat, works well enough for me

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

keychron q0 numpad barebones arrived today, lubed the stabs and put on bobas. feels good man

Empty Pockets posted:

A few weeks ago I pre-ordered a nuphy gem80 solely based on the length of ad copy on the product page and the inclusion of videos depicting the typing sounds. It came in the other day and it's been everything I imagine I might have hoped it would be, had I actually read that product page.

awesome, if i was looking for a tkl that would be it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

RIP it was a good run