Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPgXOaiaRDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's a little bit of an overreaction dude, that guitar would be played for a week and then sit in a case in the closet for years until the guy's mom sold it on craigslist for $100 because he moved to costa rica to be a surf bum and never calls home because there's not a place with electricity within 500 miles of where he lives now, dude.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Trig Discipline posted:

Amplitube is great for recording, but yeah it sounds like a massive pain in the butt for live stuff. If I were going to do that, I'd probably get a mac mini that I would set up just for that purpose or something.

I think you can run it off an Ipad. I know bias can, don't know about amplitube.

But IMO the cheapest high gain solution for playing live is just a craigslist sourced 6505+ with a random cab.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
You mean there's gear other than the soldano and a tube screamer in amplitube?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How is the music that slow when they all do so much coke?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also I know a store that still sells 90s as gently caress jazz musician clothes but it also is the same place to buy 7 button purple suits though all the mannequins have pinky rings and fur boas.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Rifter17 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziWYIX5r4Y

Video of Skrillex and Deadmau5 smashing laptops on stage. I couldn't find the gif of it, but I'm happy to give up searching.

Next level is stabbing the screen with your headstock while it runs amplitube.

They should get a keytar that's actually a qwery keyboard and trackpad.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I prefer the saccage approach to promotion where they just yell "BEER DOPE AND EVIL" a bunch

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

s.i.r.e. posted:

My Steinberger is probably stupid music poo poo at this point with the stickers (gamer, lol) and mods I have on it.

Could you post some pictures of it because that sounds awesome.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

prefect posted:

Steinbergers are awesome. Do they belong in this thread? :ohdear:

Something can be awesome and stupid at the same time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

s.i.r.e. posted:

Well since you asked for it:

My Steinberger Spirit, because I'm too poor to afford a high end model (lol gently caress that); I bought this off eBay for under $300 I believe. The guy who sold it to me sold me an acrylic wallmount with it, apparently these things are really rare, so rare that guy messaged me half a year later asking if I'd sell the mount back to him, turns out he's the founder of some conservative thinktank or some poo poo.

As for the mods:
- The headstock is aftermarket, it's a string adapter so I can use any brand of string with the guitar without having to be double-ball ended... this doesn't really work because the locking mechanisms just break thinner strings. :(
- The two Humbuckers are Seymour Duncan Black Winters, because I play Black Metal stuff and because the case for the pick-ups look like a lovely Black Metal EP cassette tape (seriously, it loving owns). The middle pick up is still connected and sounds like poo poo.
- Dunlop strap locks, I loving love these things along with the Levy's No. 1 stretch strap.
- White volume and tone knobs because why not, same goes for the orange tip pick-up selector.
- The trem bar was second hand on ebay, the guitar didn't come with one and I couldn't find black sadly.
- Pick holder and tuner are double sided taped to the side because why not.
- The stickers because I had them lying around.

Now to the major mod:
- I wanted a killswitch like my Buckethead LP has, so my friend's step-dad hooked it up for me, he had to move the output jack to the bottom of the guitar, move the volume knob to the lower side where output jack used to be and then drill in the hole for the arcade switch that was placed in the area where the volume knob was. He did such a god drat good job at it and he's an electrician and knows nothing about being a guitar tech. I paid him with a bottle of Don Julio.

I also got it signed by Marty Friedman at the end of August before a show:

There's my stupid music poo poo guitar, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I honestly love it to death, it's complete lack of weight doesn't gently caress my back up like other guitars do (I have a bad back).

I love this thing. Thank you for posting it. Good pickup choice too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's a harp, not a guitar.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If I was an engineering statics professor I would have an entire exam be figuring out how the tensions on that thing are balanced.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's a normal Sanwa button, though it's a bit smaller. When I had it installed he told me that the Switch wouldn't work, because the Switch is naturally off (it only sends input when it's pressed) so you'd have to hold the button to have the guitar make any sound, we opened up the Buckethead LP to see how it's wired or if the switch is different and found that it's the same exact Switch but it's not wired like you'd think. A regular killswitch is wired up to just cut the signal but on the Buckethead LP it's wired to the volume knob's low end, so it's not killing the signal at all but rather instantly "turning the knob to 0." We wired up the Steinberger the same way and there's no humming or pops when using it. Pretty clever.

Make sure they find the hole and you won't have to deal with this.

Lol I guessed "huh looks like you just put an arcade switch that shorts the signal to ground when you press it"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i hope they have earplugs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

If that had everything but the words and URL on it I would love that guitar

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Concatenation posted:

which of these will vacuum my floor autonomously

That second one looks like it can do the kessel run in under 12 parsecs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
At one of the local venues (orpheum, dive bar with a stage) here in Tampa the sound guy is a death metal/grind core dude so that place always sounds surprisingly good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

I wonder if the weirder guitars on Rondo are customs that somebody ordered while drunk and refused to pay the balance on after they sobered up. Look at this thing, for instance. How are you going to get your djent on with nothing but a neck pickup? I guess somebody wanted to do a Charlie Hunter thing and then had second thoughts.

That feels like a genie designed it when some teenager wished he had a guitar like Tosin Abasi

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

loving lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Anyone in the market for one of those likely already has an ESP/LTD eclipse that they bought used for like $400

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

Those famous shredder Les Pauls, y'know. The 80s were full of them.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUmEGBGlgA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is supposed to be a joke video but I sincerely want to do some sort of pop-death metal band like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdqgPPTLoA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I thought they were all like slow rear end radio metal

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

s.i.r.e. posted:

I love it.

Is this like a pedal steel guitar? All I see is a big rectangular strat body that's also surrounding the neck.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lol at the guy without the shirt

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Chrpno posted:

I realize Pat Metheny is an easy target for this thread, but what is this monstrosity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uabdCVrs1C8&t=45s

Drummer reminds me of this guy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lol that's an awesome concept for a video but they gently caress up the execution super hard with a "tell don't show" setup.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There's a home stereo market?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEh4WdsJ8EE&t=80s

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

Dude who commissioned this should've bought a Gretsch instead.

So did a jazz trio that only does Liberace covers order that?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

I was thinking irony-poisoned alt-country guy, that seems like the sort of thing you'd sport while wearing a Nudie suit.

You'd need a sequined cape and 16 rings on your fingers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

No tone hole, no purchase.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

For a funk-anything band they sure the hell can't keep time together, this grooves like a three-legged dog.

The part at 0:22 is hilarious.

Also this is some hilarious stupid music poo poo too: suicidal tendencies' punk/metal side project staring Robert Trujillo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob3buKk6ALc

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

whhhooops i loved this when i was a kid. sarsippius skits and all. whatever, we all learn and grow.

edit: or the easy paycheck Ozzy got for 20 minutes in the box...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4eqC3DX_oE

I used to listen to suicidal tendencies a shitload when I was a teenager and it sorta helped bridge from punk to metal for me.

This album in particular was on repeat for a while when I was 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDlxPI9K5aU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Reposting this because it popped up on youtube's recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKzrc2wcxA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snowy posted:

I hate every version of the word relic-ed/relic’d/reliced. Not sure why it grates on my nerves so bad but it does.

Relicked

Reliqued

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I really appreciate this video because it's a pro guy just messing around at home and also he's using an office chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwpSVu4EvY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

"Comments are disabled for this video."

drat, i wanted to figure out the tone secret