Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Anime Reference posted:

I thought Rondo wasn't making custom guitars anymore, but I can't think of any possible explanation for this strange beast other than "custom that the buyer flaked on": https://www.rondomusic.com/product10489.html
A fretless 8-string guitar with a 25.5" scale length. Who in the world is that for?

this seems cool as hell actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

treating the guitar like a pimp would lmbo

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

if i didn't let my friends who aren't as dumb as I am pick up my guitar then how would i know my setup is poo poo smh

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

gonna go ahead and list my WHORE guitar on craigslist, alas, for she has been sullied by the hands of another.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

dude should give me the guitar if its too swirly for him, i like an LP and thats a pretty one

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

BonHair posted:

The singer in my former band sometimes stepped on my tuner during gigs, which incidentally cleared up most of my bad tone. He was also very fat and stood very close to me and the guitarists occasionally, muting our strings with his belly. He's a super cool dude though.

huh, so what youre saying is, having a fat friend is the greatest talent booster of all

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

BonHair posted:

Related, but possibly less terrible, I just had this lovely piece turn up on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQ8YpYnAll/?igshid=2h9n5s9g5wma

It's light, y'all!

this one rules

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

former glory posted:

Reminded me of this sweet piece:

god that thing is ugly

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

guitar isn't too good either

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

sure, why not lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

haha i missed the tremolo arm the first time i looked at it, that really ties it up with a ribbon

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Concatenation posted:

this instagram appears to be prime this thread https://www.instagram.com/aguitaraday/

oh man this thing rules

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

gotta give it up for the guy who turned his guitar into an auditory pinball machine

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

henry kaiser is good actually. guy has chops.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh thats too bad about Neve, RIP

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ive met worse drummers

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

drat, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't tempted

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

thats basically what eddie van halen did

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

And now the stupid is coming from me, guess who plugged in her noise gate pedal backwards and took an embarrassingly long time to figure out why no signal was getting through at all. Related, gently caress led ceiling lights.

to be fair the noise gate could have just been working really well

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I can't believe this was the intended sound when they designed this. I would best describe it as like the sound of a duck eating your rear end when you have terminal diarrhea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gp-qmjmdg

oo this thing rules

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

replacing my blood with a silicon analog to increase the mussics resonance in my body

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Henry kaiser "means" to play what he plays in the same way a drunk "means" to create the exact shape and volume of the puke puddle they spew in the floorboard of the cab they're riding in.

:rolleyes:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

pretty sure zoot horn rollo played a tele on TMR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6eHunEysA

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i thought it was kind of evoking a sephiroth vibe

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Jackson Pollock is an extremely respected painter, to say the least. This is a painting by Jackson Pollock:

You might look at this painting and think it's nonsense. But there's something to it. It's intentional nonsense. There's a famous story about Pollock where a reporter was speaking to him while he was working in his studio. The reporter looks at the painting and says something like "That looks like bullshit. Anybody could do that. Why should anybody respect what you're doing, specifically?" Pollock's answer to this question was, from about 20 feet away, to flick a wad of paint from his brush across the room at the reporter, landing square on the reporter's shoe. Pollock smiled.

Here is another, earlier piece by Pollock:

It is an art deco styled depiction of the American steel worker. Pollock was truly talented. His most famous works, while they might initially appear chaotic, were entirely intentionally and meticulously crafted statements and representations of clear ideas.

Henry Kaiser is not like Jackson Pollock.

Kaiser and musicians like him do not have any underlying, foundational understanding of music or their chosen means of artistic expression at all. Unlike Pollock, Kaiser has no developed inner world of broader understanding from which his art emerges. It's a meaningless collapse of unintentional, amateur accidents coming from a man who has had an entire life's worth of free time to devote to his craft, but has not.

:chloe:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lmfao true

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

OutOfPrint posted:

I used to get CB radio transmissions from a particularly irate trucker on a specific amp in a specific part of a friend's bedroom in high school. Just his side, though, and boy was he constantly angry.

you sure it was a trucker and not satan, lord of darkness himself?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

he needs to sell the guitar so that he can buy a shirt

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

clapton needs to shut up and go back to building that giant robot that fits inside his rear end

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i'll take a reverse flying v off their hands if they have too many

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Gramps posted:

Here- have the worst demo for the worst product I am aware of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-P1PSeluII

Emilio is actually a super nice dude, but holy poo poo the crystal frets thing is completely wackadoo. They wanted an absolutely exorbitant amount of money for the most bluesdad tonewood idea of all time.

all that effect processing is actually being handled by the frets directly

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i definitely think fly away is worse

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

thats a good deal

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

"its unreal, the chad ratio of that band"

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Chrpno posted:

Once again, old hype man Beato is wrong and can gently caress off as the self appointed gatekeeper of classic rock. It's a good solo but in no way is the greatest of anything.
yeah itsa click bait title. like it or not beato is a master of his craft and hes laughing on his way to the bank while you argue over something he thought about for like 5 seconds

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Gibson must have sensed this thread is moving too slow these days. They just came out with a new guitar. It's called the Theodore.

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/CUSKUG690/Theodore/Natural

$5,000. They want five thousand US dollars for an ugly piece of poo poo that looks like an Explorer neck glued to a tulip. lol

They're only making 318 of them. They're already sold out, because of course they are.
i kind of like it actually....i do not 5000 dollars like it lmfao

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think its one of those designs that'd look a lot better without the pickguard, wanna see one with that popped off

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

you just cant make punk on cheap gear like you used to these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

How the hell do you find good clothes for the stage? I have no idea what people are wearing because when I think of guys my age in cover bands all I can picture are bowling shirts or mechanic shirts. I do not want to do the Guy Fieri.

I don't have time to go trolling Goodwills or what-have-you. Is there any place online that has stylish, affordable stuff? I'm way out of my element on this one.

I'm not exactly the kinda guy who likes to wear skulls and poo poo like that.

just wear whatever you normally wear. imo if you arent cool enough to wear leather pants in your day-to-day, then you shouldnt wear them on stage