Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

s.i.r.e. posted:

Well since you asked for it:

My Steinberger Spirit, because I'm too poor to afford a high end model (lol gently caress that); I bought this off eBay for under $300 I believe. The guy who sold it to me sold me an acrylic wallmount with it, apparently these things are really rare, so rare that guy messaged me half a year later asking if I'd sell the mount back to him, turns out he's the founder of some conservative thinktank or some poo poo.

As for the mods:
- The headstock is aftermarket, it's a string adapter so I can use any brand of string with the guitar without having to be double-ball ended... this doesn't really work because the locking mechanisms just break thinner strings. :(
- The two Humbuckers are Seymour Duncan Black Winters, because I play Black Metal stuff and because the case for the pick-ups look like a lovely Black Metal EP cassette tape (seriously, it loving owns). The middle pick up is still connected and sounds like poo poo.
- Dunlop strap locks, I loving love these things along with the Levy's No. 1 stretch strap.
- White volume and tone knobs because why not, same goes for the orange tip pick-up selector.
- The trem bar was second hand on ebay, the guitar didn't come with one and I couldn't find black sadly.
- Pick holder and tuner are double sided taped to the side because why not.
- The stickers because I had them lying around.

Now to the major mod:
- I wanted a killswitch like my Buckethead LP has, so my friend's step-dad hooked it up for me, he had to move the output jack to the bottom of the guitar, move the volume knob to the lower side where output jack used to be and then drill in the hole for the arcade switch that was placed in the area where the volume knob was. He did such a god drat good job at it and he's an electrician and knows nothing about being a guitar tech. I paid him with a bottle of Don Julio.

I also got it signed by Marty Friedman at the end of August before a show:

There's my stupid music poo poo guitar, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I honestly love it to death, it's complete lack of weight doesn't gently caress my back up like other guitars do (I have a bad back).
:circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Early Minus the Bear was basically DL4 Worship: The Band and it's a shame they don't do that anymore and their last album was plain boring rock music and it loving sucked and lacked any creativity at all. Or hell, maybe they still do it, but the last album sure wasn't interesting at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mLzAf0LhLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CwL3yb1pLY

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 21, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Doom 2016 soundtrack literally gets me pumped up to do anything. I've listened to that soundtrack while playing other games because most other game soundtracks don't even come close.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm at a Sleep show (waiting for them to go on) and trying to count how many Marshalls they have on stage. It's no less than 10 ahahahaha

My ears are about to bleed. gently caress me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

s.i.r.e. posted:

I think it's a collection of generic djenty trash without a good riff or melody line. Remove the guitar parts and there's something of interest but once those pieces of poo poo come on, faaaaaaart. I love the game to death and I remember all of it, from the kills, weapons and levels almost by heart but I can't hum a single riff from the soundtrack. BFG Division is the same riff for 9 minutes; it's an absolute chore. I've tried listening to the soundtrack on it's own several times and I've never made it through. Then again, I wouldn't consider myself a big metalhead so it probably just isn't for me.
I don't think I'd consider myself a big metalhead either, but how can you not get down with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqMQsxbpS4U

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Swans was the loudest show I'd ever seen until Boris. And I don't know if seeing Sleep last week was louder than Boris, but it was certainly close at least.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NonzeroCircle posted:

According to one of my lecturers many years ago, he saw Swans in the 80s and it was so loud the venue couldn't hear the telephones ringing with complaints about the volume.
lmao

I don't know how people were able to order drinks at the bar at the venue where I saw Swans and Boris. Like those bartenders must have some crazy good hearing to be able to understand drink orders over immense volume like that. Or maybe they have good earplugs that makes it easier to manage. Because the bar at that venue isn't even super far away from the stage. Like there's the stage, then a pit area, then you step up and there's the bar in the center right behind the pit area with booths/seating on both sides of the bar.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was going through my YouTube favorites for a different reason and found this and figured y'all would appreciate it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZE_QLT8Is

Hell, it might have been this thread (or the last iteration of it) that turned me onto it in the first place :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh no :smith: RIP Missy. I'm sure she was a sweet baby.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexter from The Offspring has a PhD too hahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wark Say posted:

It's because we've been looking at the wrong place all this time. Misha Mansoor? Tosin Abasi? Ola Englund? Who gives a gently caress about those nerdlingers! Taylor Swift is where it's at!
This is the best headline :golfclap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMVkXnyJYY

Switchfoot is still around?! They weren't meant to live for THIS LONG!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Muppets On PCP posted:

who the hell are those guys i thought that was the band with sammy hagar and joe satriani that nobody listens to
They had a smash hit alt rock single that was huge on the radio in like 2003 but then they kind of disappeared after that, or at least I never heard about them again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcrEVFZOXs

And the band you're thinking of is Chickenfoot hahaha

e: Okay this one was pretty big too, but around the same exact time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Gvdgs_R1c

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 5, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wark Say posted:

Chickenfoot? (Satch, Hagar, Michael Anthony and Will Ferrell Chad Smith).

Man, it still surprises me the number of bands who still released stuff after the 2003-2006 period (what I like to call "The Myspace Era"). These Switchfoot guys are among those. Out of the whole "Summer of Screamo" bands, there were maybe... 10 good bands?
I saw on Facebook the other night that one of my friends drove an hour away to see Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin and Bullet for my Valentine. It's been a solid 12 years at least since those bands were at the height of their popularity, right? And they weren't even good then, just popular. I guess they'll always have a market, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Muppets On PCP posted:

pretty sure they're the remaining holdouts still buying cds
Not from Best Buy for much longer though! :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/killthenoise/status/961475250234966016

I can't stop loving laughing at this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLBjScgb7o

AKA 40+ Furbys saying this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koxkg7C216c

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

*possibly* RIP Gibson

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I haven't even heard the album yet, but boy, this certainly sounds like some stupid music poo poo alright

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why did he think this would be a good idea hahahahahaha

Jesus

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This entire album has just been actively unpleasant to listen to

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Imagine a Grimes album made with Elon Musk money

Actually I don't want to because then it would suck

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If the new Tool album is anything like the new A Perfect Circle album, it won't have been worth the wait at all lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

The new APC songs are really good.
Ah, so that's why I remember none of the songs aside from the single despite listening to the album twice because I thought I was being too hard on it the first time.

I wanted to like it, I really did. I still love Thirteenth Step and have ever since it came out like 15 years ago. But there's almost nothing noteworthy on the new album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

Isis is hipster tool
I've enjoyed Isis 1000% more than any Tool song I've ever heard, so if that makes me a hipster, I'm fine with that label.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

A lot of modern players want to have this flawless combination of perfect playing and perfect production but don’t seem to experiment or let themselves fail enough. I understand it though. I’m working on an EP and I never make progress because I’m always chasing something better and more refined. The internet has been wonderful for music/guitar but also invites many new ways to self criticize and compare yourself to what you feel is expected in the modern industry.
Whatup working on an EP that you can never finish buddy :(:hf::(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

s.i.r.e. posted:

Record everything in one take and leave it as lo-fi as possible just to get it done. Refine it later. That's what I did with my stupid "EP."
I wrote/recorded all the songs on my EP a long time ago. It's the refining part that's taking loving forever. I'll spend like several hours on one part of one song and feel like I've wasted a lot of time even if I got a little bit accomplished.

The last time I did this, I wasn't doing it all by myself which made it dramatically easier.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A human heart posted:

Guys who can barely play their instruments are a lot cooler than guys who are super technical
I have no idea how to read music and no formal training in any instrument or anything, I just want my poo poo to sound cool :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I legit want to see a synth bluegrass show now

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm gonna loving choke on this Dr. Pepper from laughing so hard

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

massive spider posted:

My submission for stupid music poo poo: bands which have formed like, a month ago making 10 second “teasers” on social media for their forthcoming material.
I have friends in local bands that no one cares about doing this hahahaha

Like how loving important do you think you are?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahahahahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MattO posted:

I got a new strap too

Metal AF

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gringostar posted:

lol if your low string isn't tuned to D or D# at all times
Reason is my DAW of choice and I have a guitar plugin for it that has a dedicated drop D switch :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NonzeroCircle posted:

What does the drop d switch do?
I'm working on an album and using that plugin on one song on it. Without the drop D switch engaged, it sounds too...flimsy, I guess? With it engaged, it sounds more like a real guitar and sits better in the mix.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

And not just one, since she said she heard that he did this in every city :stonk: :barf:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have a laptop with an i7 and 16GB of RAM and a brand new audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo) and I'm still getting this sometimes:

Please kill me :negative: I'm trying to finish up a loving album for a deadline here!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

adjust latency and or bounce tracks with tons of cpu-sucking plugins down to just an audio track and mute the originals.
Yeah, I am. I just want to get an accurate representation of how the whole song will sound at all times. Guess that's too much to ask for though :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is Awesome Music poo poo, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-wXrB85Yic