Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Who needs a horn cover thing when you could just do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

I hear that's what the lead singer of crazy town's dick looks like

Oddly specific, but I could see that

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

@bandmemes666 hit me with this and I aged ten years in ten seconds.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

widefault posted:

Maybe it's just me, but this guy takes a prety bitchin' hand-painted bass and turns it into the most boring thing he could. He has a whole channel of "restoring" things that are fine as-is. Yeah, de-sticker and clean the stuff, put why gently caress with art?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtbONQetxrA

Yeah that thing owns, BUT.. the finish of the finished product is pretty slick. Should have picked a different candidate for that one though, maybe some spraypainted monstrosity or something.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

"There´s nothing wrong with straight frets per se, but if you want as close to perfect as possible intonated guitar you should go for the curved TT-frets"

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Turbinosamente posted:

Nah it's all in the tone splines.

How long does reticulation take?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

polynominal-c posted:

Ah. This tells me you're at least in your forties now...

Close, 38 in a few months. But we did have to go back to the store to exchange the 3.5" copy of Sim City 2000 For Windows® because we still had DOS.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

field balm posted:

however, if you need a convenient way to transport your watch and mouse you're in luck!

You'll need a place to keep all this stuff

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Gramps posted:

I kinda use the classic car standard of 25 years but calling a 97 lester "vintage" makes me feel super old... poo poo

I called a card shop to see if they'd buy the Pokemon card set I've had since middle school when they came out, they told me that they don't deal in 'vintage' cards and I should try a trade show :(

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

Was out doing my semi-regular check of what I've dubbed the "magic dumpster" and dragged this beast home.

No idea why they just chucked a former flagship workstation that appears to work 100% into the trash but I'll take it.

Some of the sounds are pretty dated but in a good way.

I need to reorganize my "studio" space to integrate it into the current setup.

e: I meant to post this in the synth thread oh well it fits here too

That's a great find, what else has the 'magic dumpster' produced to get such a great name?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

A couple of epiphone les pauls, an epiphone SG, an epiphone 335 and 339, various acoustic guitars, a peavey 6505 combo with a blown speake, a Native Instruments Maschine.

Amoung various other parts and pieces, necks, pickups, microphones, and an endless amount of cables.

Alomst everything has needed repaired somehow. Fortunately I have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Good lord I'd love to have one of those nearby. Behind what kind of establishment does such thing exist?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

The big box music retailer every one loves to hate.rhymes with cuitar genter

Stuff gets damaged in shipping or they clear out the back room and it all goes in the skip.

I usually check it around 10-11 at night I'm about 10 mins away from one so it's no big deal to pop out and check it once a week or so.

One time I ran into some employees smoking and drinking in the parking lot and asked what was up with it. They said if it's in the dumpster the company doesn't care what happens to it.

I wear gloves and boots just in case and have a little high powered flashlight.

This was the biggest score in awhile the previous record holder was this vintage Italian synth that turned out to have a blown fuse.

Have fun!

Baller, I'm also about 15 mins from a big box store that rhymes with that. Thanks for the info!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i dont know why but i am charmed by that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno

This will forever be one of my favorite stupid/awesome music poo poo videos, but mostly because Chap and Lee can barely keep it together.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah. There's a 'virgin/chad' Shiba inu meme I can't find right now with a crying guitarist surrounded by pedals and their DAW like "what if nobody likes my tunes" and three giant muscled podcasters with their SM7Bs like "so I was at the store getting groceries and this chick ahead of me is taking forever" "oh I hate that bro".

They're the worst. I have to grin and bear it and sell them their USB mics and show them how to use them and humour their vapid fascination knowing these toys are going to come right back or go in the garbage. At least some of them are at least passionate about something specific. At the risk of getting political, the absolute worst one I had to deal with was a woman who started the conversation with "I'm Israeli and I need to make a podcast to help my people sleep at night with everything that's going on." She was singularly the most insidiously rude, entitled person I've ever had to deal with, she demanded we turn off the store music and that "someone competent" show her how to install and use loving Audacity and Zoom on her laptop. I just wanted to sneak in a "from the river to the sea" somewhere but I'd rather not lose my job.

Merry Christmas.

Thinking about picking up that SM7dB to really impress the coworkers on slack. Sorry people are cumulatively assholes, hope you had a good holiday!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Southern Cassowary posted:

my coworkers said i looked like a youtuber when i used mine

I work with a bunch of nerds, the amount of at2020s is staggering. Gotta outplay the competition somehow.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

massive spider posted:

I drifted around the timeline of this trying to see if there was anything worth watching, stumbled on rob chapman, shuddered and turned off.

What's up with chapman, something outside of the riff city debacle?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

muike posted:

rabea massaad is the best part of that whole chapman circle also the guitars are probably pretty good

e: the box Anderton's music sent me my behringer bi-phase in was also a big win to my cats

I had an original ghost fret, the belly cut made it one of the most comfortable guitars I ever owned. Played pretty well to boot.

hexwren posted:

the what debacle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwdhBcVkNQ
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/ep0op2/discussion_riff_city_guitars_response_to_the_rob/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Chrpno posted:

Collins? Collen? Anselmo?? Myass??

Just Phil.