Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've found that the app goes to landscape really easily and then gets stuck in that mode, rather than switching back when i turn my phone back to portrait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve been getting this a few times the past couple of days.

A few bookmarks will load, but not all of them, and if I open one of them, it’s not the thread it’s supposed to be (ie not the one I pressed on)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m getting double bookmarks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Hoping this is fixed in the next version. By chance did you try tapping each of them? I bet at least one of them didn't end up loading the represented thread.

Actually both go to the right thread! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Is there a fix on the way for favorited smilies never actually staying in the favorites list on the keyboard?

(iPhone X, newest store release- but I think it's been that way for a while)

I’ve had that problem for the longest time too. Even deleting and reinstalling didn’t fix it. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mandrel posted:

Does the emoji keyboard not work anymore with iPhone? Seems like I can’t get it to paste into the chat anymore

What you talking about? 🤔

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Awesome, works for me. What app do goons like to use nowadays for image hosting anyway

The imgur app itself is pretty painless. You can long press on the uploaded picture to copy the direct image link.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rahonavis posted:

It's a little thing, but my "favorites" and "recently used" smiley menus are always empty.

Same, mine’s been broken for months :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I would love this.

:same:

I’ve got a few threads I’ve let get into the several hundreds (and more) and since I’m back and forth across the Atlantic a fair bit, an offline mode would be great for me to catch up with some of those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

With imgur uploads still being iffy, I use the imgur app, and then copy the direct link to my posts. Could there be a [timg] tags option when you enter the [img] submenu to avoid having to go back and type the ‘t’ for every one?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Because sometimes people don't want to scroll past huge pictures.

Exactly, and I don’t want to be the dick who posted the big pictures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Yeah, that's easy to add. (Doesn't mean it'll happen on any particular timeline, but it's a good idea!)

Also, are Imgur uploads still iffy? Hoping they're a lot better in the current version. Let me know if it's still busted.

Yeah, I got this just yesterday:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like I’ve been having real trouble pressing on links. Like, I can hard press them to bring up the preview which then loads into Safari, but it won’t load the browser with me just tapping it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh good, not just me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Awful used to open the twitter app if you pressed on an imbedded tweet, and now it just opens them in a Safari window?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheOrange posted:

Same here on both a iPad Pro and IPhone 11

I was able to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling, but it occurred again within 10-15 minutes and caused the same problem.

I did the same (delete/reinstall) because I was getting the unresponsive blue bar/black screen (although that’s probably night mode dependant).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mine’s been behaving since I deleted/reinstalled this morning, but I’ve not gone outside my bookmarks.

I’ve just realised that deleted all my smilie favourites. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Update has hit the UK App Store. Thanks! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Erm. How can I fix this?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Post less about drinking maybe?

As I scroll down further, I get higher numbers of them. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, that’s a feature, not a bug.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The YouTubes are still doing it for me, it’s so weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Awful settings > check clipboard for URL (off$)

I get this every time, and I don’t want it:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That switch doesn’t affect this, I was just jumping on the paste comment.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

Is there some way a future version of the app could hook into some api to integrate the official smiley aliases in a more native emoji-keyboard-based interface?

I think all the different sizes would make that incredibly fiddly to try and do.

I just want the repeating error to go away.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Dave posted:

Doesn't this clear if you reinstall the app or something? I thought there was a fix but tbh I don't use it

I tried that and it didn’t work. :/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FlerpNerpin posted:

I don’t know if this feature is talked about in this huge thread but I would pay money for the ability to download threads for offline reading, even if it couldn’t cache embeds and such.

That is all thank you.

Yeah, I’d love that too. It’d be great to download a long thread to read on a plane or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I haven’t updated yet, how does image upload work now? If at all?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

withak posted:

I think it is actually helpful that the smilie keyboard has a spare copy of each smilie for redundancy.

One spare copy? I should be so lucky.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

If we apologise enough can we get imgur upload back please? I miss it so

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Just use the shortcut.

The what now?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

EDIT: ooh works! Thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

All my favourite smilies are gone :(

I guess I have to readd them all?

Edit: upside, there’s only 1 of each, finally! Gone are the rows of 10–12 of the same one!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Update: Awful won’t save any of my smiley favourites. If I close the app, it’s blank upon reopening. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

All my favourited smilies keep disappearing from Favourites every time I come out of the app now :smith:

Yeah, that’s happening to me too :saddowns:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I know it’s not exactly the app’s issue, but the upload shortcut has been throwing this at me all today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

i was just gonna ask about it. did something change with ios 17.4?

I’m still on 17.3.1 so it’s not that.