Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
This seems like a bug in the app maybe

Edit: vid url in the top image is valid, but it gets formatted improperly on the preview and results in a broken video box/YouTube error when posted.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Rinkles posted:

I think that's just because it doesn't know how to format "youtu.be" links (which Youtube provides for sharing). Copy the preview text, change "video type" to "youtube" and it should embed properly.

If you pasted a "youtube.com" link it would've formatted properly, I believe.

I tried that and it also didn't work... The full YouTube.com link is formatted differently.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Good to know, thanks

Edit: I went back to the preview and changed youtu.be to youtube.com, then tried to post it, rather than changing the tagged youtu to youtube, so that's why my fix didn't work. :doh:

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 29, 2017

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Thanks for bringing back the pull for next toggle

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Am I totally missing something or did the methodology for saving an image to your phone change or disappear?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

pokeyman posted:

No intentional changes that I can recall. Where are you trying to save an image from?

If you’re in the image preview screen there’s a missing icon for "save image" in the share sheet, but it should still work.

Yea no idea, I upgraded my iPhone 8 to iOS 13 and the option to save the image was just gone.

Got my new 11 today and the same menu is wildly different; includes many more options as well as the save image function.

Just gonna chalk it up to some strange bug/upgrade issue.

Thanks for the reply.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

colachute posted:

Updated to iOS 13. Adding more than one image when uploading to Imgur via the app crashes it every time.

Yes it does.

13.1 just released today, worth a try in case it's an iOS thing.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Cool

spanky the dolphin posted:

Maybe it's only in the latest beta :shrug:

Yea also 13.1 pro Max and that doesn't work, but it's pretty nice so looking forward to it

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I have a Pro max running 3.2.1? I think, no issues at all. Will install 3.2.2 sometime over the weekend probably.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

the yeti posted:

I was thinking a direct path to the web version of the profile might mitigate some of the inconvenience of the way the ignore list malfunctions if a poster on it gets modded/adminned/IK’d.

Also an easy way to get to the SAclopedia.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
fyad is dead/permanently closed. Delete that poo poo hole from the app 🙂

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
iPhone 11 pro max, apparently got logged out and the login screen was super weird. I guess I shoulda screenshotted it before this post. Brb

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Login screen - I logged out and killed the app, this is what I see when opening it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
This is what I see after having 1password autofill my username and password. The username and password are invisible but present. The only way to login is to hit return on the keyboard.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 12, 2020

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I guess the Android app has a search function on the smilies thing, and that sounds really cool and useful.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

MarcusSA posted:

What in the gently caress?

Why??

I don’t post there hardly at all it’s annoying as hell.

My understanding is that it is by request of the specific subforums

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

MarcusSA posted:

It still doesn’t make any sense though :confused:

I’m just trying to understand the reasoning behind it because it only affects the mobile users.

They're fyad-lites, nothing has to make sense 🙂

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

stuffed crust punk posted:

Is there a way to get an embedded mp4's url besides hitting quote and copying out of there?

Wondering the same

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

drowningidiot posted:

Is it possible to get the URL from an embedded imgur video? I swear I used to be able to but can’t quite remember how. None of buttons on the player will do it and I’ve tried hard press and hold and that doesn’t bring up anything either.

iPhone 8

It used just be a link so it was easy to copy, but nothing yet with the embeds. You can quote the post and manually copy the link for now.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Subjunctive posted:

We could let people auth with an account and then it would count against their own quota (which they would never use all of), and leave people on the default shared one if they don’t auth.

Or we could register for 5 more imgur app keys and randomly select between them to spread it out...

I’m not really some programmer dude but I think the API calls used are counted against the app itself not a user account. I think the issue is that Awful isn’t paying/they’re using the free tier so unless the devs want to pay a monthly fee there isn’t too much that can be done. Don’t take that as gospel though, I’m sure someone will tell me how wrong I am soon.

Edit: yeah it’s an app wide api call limit, not user based. 1,250 api calls per day, I don’t see a monthly limit but I didn’t look very deeply.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 30, 2020

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
What happens if you go to settings within the app and hit clear cache?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Ah, drat.

fwiw, I’m running 13.5.1 which is the latest iOS with no issues. I wonder what the difference is? Based on what I’ve seen before in this thread sometimes some little setting can break things. Happen to know of any non-default things you’ve set in iOS? Especially related to accessibility or anything that affects display?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I believe i asked someone suffering from that to clear cache and it didn’t help them.

No issues here on a Pro Max and 13.5.1, oled dark mode

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

fool of sound posted:

My app suddenly doesn't show the index under the forums tab, only the announcements. I tried updating/reinstalling to no avail.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
How do we send the pokeyman signal?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis posted:

How do we send the pokeyman signal?

I sent them a PM

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is something weird going on with pms?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Yeah, I had the same experience, though mine hasn’t come back after the first delete. That’s why I asked if pms were being weird the other day. Same 12/31/01 date as well.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis posted:

Yeah, I had the same experience, though mine hasn’t come back after the first delete. That’s why I asked if pms were being weird the other day. Same 12/31/01 date as well.

Correction: now it always comes back. No new pms from the first time it happened days ago, no clue what is triggering the behavior.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Warbird posted:

I’ll shoot you a PM and see if it’s like that one error where a thread gets stuck until someone posts in it.

Had the erroneous notification, it didn’t increment when I got your PM. I opened PMs in the app, saw yours and the error. I tried to delete the error PM and got the message about it not being on the live forums. Opened yours, backed out of it, and deleted it. The error pm hasn’t come back yet. Will update if it does.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
It’s broken till the update makes it through the Apple approval process.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Solarin posted:

Was getting the same non responsiveness in the App tonight so I decided to try and reinstall just to find out the app store now won't even let me download the thing on my old piece of poo poo iPhone (4S or something?). Did I just completely screw myself out of being able to use the app at any point on this device?

Probably, but if I was in that situation I would try to restore the phone from a backup. Depending on your iOS version this may be possible without needing a backup made to a computer.

Otherwise you could jailbreak and side load.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Crisis resolved, you may now return to your normal shitposting.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

jesus WEP posted:

:stare: what?! i don't really post in many threads and i have 18 pages of bookmarks

I also have one... I delete them when I’m done with them? Is that weird?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Twitter still weird or broken but it’s not just in the app so dunno what’s up with that

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I’d guess there would need to be a proper api for awful to use for a widget to work properly, and that doesn’t exist right now.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Yeah press and hold for stuff seems more goofy that normal now. It takes some loving around to make sure I upload an image without overwriting text.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is there a way to tell what the stars mean? Maybe if you open someone’s profile in the app, it just says “Admin” or “idiot king” somewhere?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Replicated on an 11 Pro Max, iOS 14.2, whatever app version is current on the App Store. (Just checked, 5.3 with no update available)

I can upload images saved from web sources, so it seems like it’s specific to photos taken on the phone... also saving images as the heic thing.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Didn’t know that someone made a shortcut for that, I’d give it a shot if someone has a link.