Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Maybe 3D Touch on a profile picture could open a profile preview, like threads in the thread lists?

Also I’m getting a thing where pictures sometimes disappear when their top goes off the screen, even if the rest should be visible. Over-aggressive optimisation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
lol at these scrubs who don’t read thread titles

now, can someone please help me? I’m trying to install the app on a Cisco 42069 router and

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Regular Nintendo posted:

Feature request (that I could prolly do this week with permission from pokeyman and ux guidance): remove this option and just have two iconed barbuttons there for preview and post instead of either/or

this, but the buttons should be post and reply

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

I don’t know about you but pull to refresh is drat near impossible to do now. Definitely won’t happen by accident, but I can barely make it happen on purpose either.

agreed, the threshold is way too high now. maybe make it configurable if some people really want to have to drag their finger literally all the way up the screen instead of just flicking?

e: seriously I can barely get it to change page even if I start right at the bottom of the screen and swipe right to the top. doing it one handed is basically impossible. Please revert ASAP.

Soricidus fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 27, 2018

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
Awful M1 thoughts: it’s good, I’m probably going to post with a keyboard more frequently now!

Only issue I’ve noticed so far is that the swipe-for-next-page seems to be calibrated for a tall screen and I’m finding it’s physically impossible to trigger it on the MacBook touchpad. Would be nice to have sensitivity options there if possible.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

carry on then posted:

Not likely. We have very little control over how tweets are embedded, basically we have to just call a function that Twitter provides which searches the entire page for tweet links and does all the work of fetching the full embed and injecting it into the page.

Might you be able to extract the tweet links yourself and run the Twitter function on mini pages that contain just one at a time?

Disclaimer: I don’t know what I’m talking about

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
That’s a feature. I would accept a toggle in the settings but the default needs to stay the same :colbert:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Charles posted:

That explains this, 60 characters exactly :v:

I mean that’s perfect as is, more words would only spoil it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
Hold the line

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
I already get the joined dates as “Joined 1 April 2010” or w/e?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
I trust this means that we will now get four of every smiley

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

commie kong posted:

Did you end up turning it off?

I love that thing and wish other apps had it. But I’m probs the only one using it

For twelve years I had been asking, how can I skip john galt?

It’s good

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

irpoweroutlet posted:

I think one of the reddit apps has a floating button on the bottom right of the screen to skip to the next post. That would be nice to have, because I have the same issues you do with the current double tap to jump functionality.

Please no floating buttons, they are horrible and I would like to be able to skip bad posts without having to put up with more intrusive ui elements getting in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
With a 5% chance that Siri will, instead, read it aloud at maximum volume