Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is this app updated to work with/convert HEIC photos? I've been having trouble uploading photos since I switched to that format, but it might just be Imgur is stupid or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Keep getting this error when trying to post pics using iPhone X: https://imgur.com/a/OoEMu
Yeah this is the same one I've been getting on my 7+ since I switched photo format to High Efficiency. I think Imgur doesn't take HEIC photos.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cool off Apple to help you make your app ready for my new phone

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hmmmm.

Oh right screenshots are PNG. Tried to add a pic of my cat and I get error 100. I think it's HEIC. Not sure that's something you can fix unless there's an API to convert to JPG or whatever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unedited screenshots are saved in PNG, but it might save edited ones as HEIC, which the app doesn't like, but uploading in the Imgur app works fine :shrug:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you're looking into opening Twitter links in alternate apps, please add Twitteriffic. I have no idea if it's more or less work since I have no idea how these things work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nude posted:

:rolleyes: not all of us have this thread bookmarked. It was a simple question.

Reading literally the last post is very hard, so this is a completely reasonable excuse.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zero One posted:

Odd bug that just started. I'm running the most recent 11.3 public beta. The app doesn't seem to save the most recent view when the phone goes to sleep. I can be in one thread and if the phone sleeps and I wake it the app will show a thread from several minutes ago before refreshing to where I was after a few seconds.

This doesn't seem to happen if I exit the app to the home screen. Only sleep.
Found your problem

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get Workflow and set up a widget to upload your last photo to Imgur and copy the link and boom easy posting

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Scroll to the top owns and missing it is the thing that always annoys me when I try Android

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do you have an ad blocker installed?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apollo lets you change the icon if you get the DLC. Twitteriffic does, as well, and I think Tweetbot might.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spoilers are still inconsistent for me. They show sometimes but not others.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They still come and go for me on my X. I wish I could offer more useful information for you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shortspecialbus posted:

Is there really a reason to do timg anymore since the forums no longer get hosed up tables from big images?

Because sometimes people don't want to scroll past huge pictures.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Dave posted:

Not sure if we actually care but #666 on a black background fails WCAG AA accessibility standards. The dimmest you can get away with for that is #767676.

I don't know anything about this stuff as I don't need it, but I'm glad there's people who do. :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can I please have an option to make specialshortbus's posts less obvious? They are very bad and I would like to skip them but not ignore him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think a very large tag reading "BAD POST" would be a good way to let you know it's your post.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The most niche of requests? Can we have the ‘unread posts’ number in the WinPos95 stylesheet be a bit more contrasty / readable?

:eyepop:

:barf:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FWIW, I've been using Awful on iOS13 without a problem since the first Public Beta.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been on OLED mode so I didn't even realize they were there

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh that is very cool!

Now make it so I can scroll the thread while pulling down

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

carry on then posted:

Presenting view controllers don't respond to touches while their presented view controllers are even partially visible, so it's not really possible to do that.

That makes sense, but bummer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Only nerds post with caps in CSPAM and YOSPOS etc.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midjack posted:

As a user I don't have a lot of loyalty about image hosting; if postimages is working better than imgur these days and seems like they'll continue to host images for free for several more years then they're probably a good fit.
Yep, same. I don't give a poo poo where images are hosted unless it's something I might want to delete later, in which case, I'll open the Imgur app and use my account. (This has never happened, but who knows?)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Warbird posted:

Make all times render as swatch internet time, tia

Not an empty quote

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're completely different devs, so, yeah, they're just super different.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Hey is there a separate thread for the Android app? This is the only one I'm able to find, and the app suddenly became unusable on my phone.
Did you try scrolling down? Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

That doesn’t deal with the upload-from-Awful situation, though.

It's sucked forever, just make a shortcut to upload to your Imgur account

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think I've had a success rate under 10% so i just stopped wasting my time

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

smackfu posted:

Yeah I thought it was always super unreliable because of that. Lol

Yeah I never used it and assumed people were gaslighting me when they said they did all the time since it worked maybe one time out of ten when I tried.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

iOS Awful App: image upload was removed because Imgur hates you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow I didn't even realize I made the thread title

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yo the iPad app crashes like every other time I try to post. Not sure if the iPhone one is doing it since I don't use it as much.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm running iPadOS 16.whatever is current.

EDIT: It crashed trying to edit this post to say I tried editing the previous post to include that info but it crashed and I was annoyed enough to not bother again.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 18, 2023

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nope, this is an M1 Pro 12.9"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's rebooted through the urgent updates. I suppose I can try reinstalling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Current version is adding url tags when I try to upload an image. The image button does the same exact thing as the url button.

Thread title

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Warbird posted:

The people griping are the reason a lot of use never were able to use it ourselves :v: The shortcut approach is fine and you can tweak it to your heart’s content.

Seriously, I swear I'm being gaslit that the image upload ever worked with any consistency. I gave up since it would fail 90% of the times I tried using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Thanks, it’s the first ObjC I ever wrote! These posts made me smile so I’m going to try to set up my Mac for coding this weekend to see if I can fix the iPad posting crash I see periodically, and maybe poke at some other little stuff to learn a bit of Swift.
And y'all called me crazy for bring this up.

It still happens for me. :(