Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

Thank you very much for the work you put into this but please give me an option to get rid of badges for Lowtax's stupid threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

is it possible to get the SAclopedia in the app somehow, or is the jungle of Radium legacy too difficult to navigate on that front?

and also they opened a completely new FYAD with forumID 666 so maybe copy all the style sheets and so on from the old to that one too?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ulvir posted:

is it possible to get the SAclopedia in the app somehow, or is the jungle of Radium legacy too difficult to navigate on that front?

sorry for quoting myself but i'm still wondering about this one

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

every subforum deserves their custom stylesheet if they have one no matter how much drama happens

edit: but more to the point it would be really cool to look up the SAclopedia without having to deal with the painful experience of the browser

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

carry on then posted:

I think this one is also on the list, pokeyman can confirm. Of course it also counts as a larger feature, so time permitting etc etc

just knowing it’s something that seems feasible enough that it’s at least looked at as a feature is more than enough for me :shittydog:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ulvir posted:

and also they opened a completely new FYAD with forumID 666 so maybe copy all the style sheets and so on from the old to that one too?

guess we don’t need this anymore

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

hey again, is it possible to get the byob theme in the byob goldmine?

i guess i could swap the default if i want to read through it, but it would be fun if the goldmines could have those specific settings too

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

is it just on my phone, or might there be an issue with previously stickied threads still hanging around at the top? it's not too big of a deal in general, but places like byob where stickied threads are cycled pretty regularly, this messes up pretty much everything wrt thread sorting

pic 1: example in grey forums.

pic2: example from BYOB, here you can see how messy everything gets

pic 3: my thread settings in the app. I'm supposed to have unread and bookmarked threads first, but as you can see in pic 2, they're spread all over the place. the one bookmarked thread I have there isn't even on screen

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ulvir posted:

is it just on my phone, or might there be an issue with previously stickied threads still hanging around at the top? it's not too big of a deal in general, but places like byob where stickied threads are cycled pretty regularly, this messes up pretty much everything wrt thread sorting

pic 1: example in grey forums.

pic2: example from BYOB, here you can see how messy everything gets

pic 3: my thread settings in the app. I'm supposed to have unread and bookmarked threads first, but as you can see in pic 2, they're spread all over the place. the one bookmarked thread I have there isn't even on screen

just to keep everything above water, so to say, I've tried restarting the app, resetting the toggles and clearing cache, but the sorting is still the same as pictured

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

In image 1 you're using the "Forums" tab in the app. The "Show unread bookmarks first" is applicable only in the Bookmarks tab in the app.

fair enough, but there’s still a weird mix of stickies and non-stickied threads, and with unread threads not sorting properly

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the forums itself now allows you to quote posts from closed threads and in the goldmine etc, could you add this in the app as well?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can do it in closed forums now, like the goldmine, and also archived posts. There aren't any buttons yet so you have to url edit. I can make the buttons work too but yeah, it is no longer impossible to grab bbcode from archived or goldmined posts.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

oh we can see pictures in leper’s colony now, good work :peanut:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

just chiming in to repeat that I’m experiencing this crashing too, and as the previous guy my bookmarks works fine, I also have no trouble loading this thread from the settings shortcut

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Charles posted:

Just wait for the new version on the app store.

why does it take so long if it’s already pushed?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Midjack posted:

Apple reviews to make sure there's not malicious stuff in updates.

I see, I’ll be patient then

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

gonna ask here before perhaps bringing it up in QCS, but is the lowtax thread tag pulled directly from the forums themselves and as such is something active on both parts, or is it something that remains in the app? it would be nice if that disappeared now that he is gone

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i’d love to be able to turn off all the new tron-looking blue outlines on the bottom buttons and stars in the main forum overview in the OLED dark theme. consider this a suggestion for a toggle or something in an upcoming update or something

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the update text said something about spooky user icons, do I have to do something for my ghost to not appear as a grenade in the app?

e: seems like it’s an OLED dark issue. requesting custom plat icons there too pretty please

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

Spooky user icons are granted for making donations of $13 or more in a haunted clubhouse thread, I thought that’s what the app update enabled display of

but they’re not enabled in any of the dark themes. in alternate dark, classic dark and OLED dark (and also that spanky something) they’re still just grenades :(

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

I run OLED dark and see them; that’s actually the only thing I tested them in when I made the patch, and Pokeyman had to fix it to make it work in other themes!

E: this is a lie, I don’t see them on the beta now for some dark themes, hmm

What version are you running?

(I’m travelling and apparently I don’t have Tailscale set up to autostart on my Mac, so I can’t do anything until the end of the week anyway)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I would really appreciate support for october plat icons in older themes like OLED dark, classic, etc some time in the future :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Crap I keep meaning to fix that. It’s just so annoying to test multiple themes because I have to back out to the settings, switch, go back into the thread, find the right post to verify, etc. I will do it, though, just for you.

I understand completely, so no worries. just knowing that it’s on the list of known issues is well enough