Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Y’all are doing gods work. Thanks.

What’s this about an app icon? I have never seen it change and can’t find a setting.

In real news, I get a lot of images disappearing when I scroll on a 10.5 iPad Pro with the latest public iOS release (11.03?)
Sometimes they come back. Sometimes not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Diabolik900 posted:

Make sure you’re updated to the newest version of the app (3.28 I think) and scroll to the bottom of the settings screen.

Ooooh that settings screen.

Anyone have issues with the Awful browser sometimes not wanting to load a link? Sometimes I have to long press and open in chrome or safari when awful wont load it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I think there is a bug that I actually like: when I try to click the link to view the post of someone I have on ignore, I get a different random post from earlier in the thread. So I still don’t see the post of the person I have on ignore, saving me from my own curiosity.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rinkles posted:

In my experience that only happens with unread posts. If you load the page again it should display properly.

It’s been consistent for me for read or unread posts.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Sticker pack? Does it just copy paste the images from the buffer or do we get Messages images now?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I like the idea of gifv in VLC and maybe themes for the X and the Pro screens?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I think it’s because of the HEIC or whatever Apple moved to. I have the same problem. But my images look so good.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Authentication seems to be broken in the app now. I can log in via the website fine, when I use the same name and password in the app, I get no dice.

Any thoughts? I still love the app and use it several hours a day...

Edit: killing the app and relaunching it logged me in again somehow, but now I’ve also lost the forums list. Good thing I only read bookmarked threads?

Ultimate Mango fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 3, 2020

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

John Romero posted:

i can’t see the forums

If you have a bookmark for a thread in a forum you want to check out, you can open that thread and then click the “parent forum” button at the top and see the forum that way.

But the forum list is lost.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

What iOS version are you on? You aren't jail broken are you?

I’m not jail broken and I’m on 13.5.1

It is really weird that I can get to individual forums with the parent forum link. I can also add bookmarks from the web and see them in my bookmark list. But really I exist in a handful of threads so it’s livable for now.

Can I help troubleshoot somehow?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

My iPad lost the forums list. My iPhone 11 Pro Maxxxx whatever still has it. Both are up to date and are configured the same way except for the dark mode option.

I guess I could uninstall and reinstall awful on my iPad?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Othin posted:

I’m still having the forums missing issue for going on a month now. I have tried emptying cache, reinstalling, and going through every option in app and toggling them to see if there is a change but nothing works. I only see an empty forums list along with any current announcements. I can navigate to parent forums by book marking a thread and then scrolling to the top and clicking on "parent forum"

The first time I noticed the forums list missing was after I opened the app and was suddenly asked to log in again. Even if I input the correct password it throws up an error saying there is a problem logging in (I have also tried username with upper and lower case but that doesn't seem to matter).

If I close the app and then reopen it after receiving that error, I'll be logged in. Additionally, the first time I log in after doing that, the forums announcements will be missing until I navigate to a parent forum for the first time.

This is from the Safari browser on that iPhone.

I also get the same result. iPad OS.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I'm also having the blank forum screen except for announcements bug - and it wouldn't let me log in, although when I quit and reopned the app I was logged in. iPhone XS with the latest iOS

also, if it helps, I just got this when I resintalled the app because my forum list wasn't updating

Persistent across reinstalls. Dang.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

pokeyman posted:

The missing forums list is probably a parsing issue, and the broken login is almost certainly the same issue (we fetch the forum list and current user info immediately after logging in, and if that fails the whole thing goes down).

Can someone with a missing forums list or login problems go to https://forums.somethingawful.com/index.php?json=1 from a logged-in browser, copy all the text, and paste it to me (PM or post in this thread, feel free to link a pastebin if you prefer)? Thanks!

(I'll catch up on everything else later.)

You’ve got mail (pm)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

pokeyman posted:

Thanks! I see the problem. Fix incoming.

As a workaround, make sure none of your user profile fields (e.g. ICQ number) resemble a number (e.g. add a letter or something).

Ah, its all that external auth stuff that mucks up things over time.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Thanks y’all for jumping on the weirdness today.
App was working until like 20 minutes ago and by the time I reinstalled and couldn’t fix it looks like you already know the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

Works for me after deleting and reinstalling

Thanks!

Same!